Cannes Lions and China Advertising Association bring China Day to Cannes. China Day is a program including a series of insightful forums presented by some of China’s industry thought leaders and experts in creativity, marketing and cultural understanding; it will provide Cannes Lions delegates the unique opportunity to better understand the huge potential of the Chinese advertising market and how to better engage with Chinese consumers.
Advertising sector is one of the fastest growing industries in China; as evidenced in the last few years, which now sees advertising spend in China ranked at number two in the world at $70 billion. In the last few years China has started to show its creative flair, winning numerous Lions at Cannes including a Press Lions Grand Prix in 2011 and an Outdoor Lions Grand Prix in 2012.
China Day will take place on Tuesday, 18 June (09.00 – 14.30) in the Esterel Theatre of the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France. Top creatives and renowned researchers will take to the stage to cover topics such as “How to Reap the Benefits of 1.35 Billion Chinese Consumers”, “How different is Chinese Creativity”, “Where is China’s New Youth Heading?”, and “What Chinese Want?”.
The speakers line-up includes
- John Anthony Quelch CBE, a Harvard Business School professor expert in Chinese Studies, whose research focuses on global business strategy;
- Chen Xin, Chairman of China’s leading media group, SinoMedia, who has a deep understanding in Chinese news communications;
- Graham Fink, Greater China Chief Creative Officer of Ogilvy & Mather;
- Jimmy Lam, Vice Chairman & Chief Creative Officer of DDB Group North China – Beijing & Shanghai;
- Jin Yilun, Director of Research for Dentsu Beijing, specialist in Chinese consumers’ consumption behavior and media contact habits;
- Kevin Lee, Chief Operating Officer of China Youthology;
- Liu Shuang, CEO of iFeng.com;
- Lo Sheung Yan, Chairman, Asia Pacific Creative Council, JWT;
- Serge Dumont, Vice Chairman & Chairman Asia Pacific, Omnicom Group;
- Su Tong, CEO of Hylink;
- Tom Doctoroff, Asia Pacific CEO of JWT and author of two best-selling books on Chinese consumers;
- Tomaz Mok, Chairman of McCann;
- Tony Chen, President of GroupM Interaction China who will be joined on stage by multiple Olympic gold medalist and team leader of the men’s Chinese gymnastic team, Chen Yibing.
Without doubt China is a powerful growth nation for many consumer-facing companies. With fast economic, demographic and societal changes, China Day will address many of the challenges that companies are encountering as the profile of the Chinese consumer changes at a very fast rate. With topics such as marketing in China, mobile search and youth trends being discussed, delegates will be given invaluable insight into the Chinese advertising and communications market
Chairman of Lions Festivals
The global advertising community is set to celebrate the 60th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, which over the years has boosted global creativity and promoted worldwide cultural exchanges. Through the unremitting effort of its organizers, the influence and importance of the festival is constantly enhanced. The cooperation between the CAA and Cannes Lions over the decades has led to a growing awareness of the event in China, which in return drives the development of the Chinese advertising industry. As such, we are delighted to host China Day, which will further expand the cultural dialogues between China and the rest of the world
Li Dong Sheng,
Chairman of the CAA
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity takes place from 16-22 June 2013. The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world’s leading celebration of creativity in communications. Founded in 1954, the Festival takes place every June in Cannes, France.