McCann Erickson Bucharest scooped, during the first galas at this year’s Cannes Lions, 2 trophies: Silver in Promo & Activation and Bronze in Direct for its “Digital library” campaign, made for Vodafone Romania.
The teams working on the campaign are
- Vodafone Romania: Romina Tazlaoanu (Associate Director, Advertising), Luminita Bostinaru (Brand Manager, Major Campaigns), Iuliana Maratu (Brand Manager, Major Campaigns).
- McCann Erickson: Adrian Botan (VP Creative Excellence McCann Worldgroup Central East Europe), Catalin Dobre (Executive Creative Director), Ioana Filip (Group Creative Director), Ionut Cojocaru (Senior Art Director), Diana Ceausu (Head of Strategy), Dana Hogea (Client Service Director), Doina Ionescu (Group Account Director), Andreea Spilca (Account Executive), Roxana Zaharia (Photo Producer), Alexandru Platon (AV Producer), Carmen Bistrian (Corporate PR Manager), Anca Dumitrache (Group Account Director UM), Adelina Din (Media Manager UM), Gabriel Andrei (OOH Buying Director UM), Lucia Bogdaneanu (OOH Buyer UM).
- Macri Studio – Photography
- DotStudio – Online Agency
- Partners: Humanitas publishing house and elefant.ro online bookstore
There were months of work for Vodafone Digital Library, with many people involved and a lot of emotional investment. That is why the Silver and Bronze at Cannes Lions give us a great joy. On one side, because we managed to remain in the game also this year, with a beautiful project for a brand we are working with for years. On the other side, because we proved that also in Romania you can generate excellence for global brands, which proves our advertising market is in a continuous ascension
Group Creative Director McCann Bucharest.
Saatchi & Saatchi Berlin and the Romanian creativity infused campaign for Samu Social, charity oriented towards homeless people, scooped a Silver in Direct, two Silvers in Promo& Activation and another 2 Silvers in PR.
Cannes Lions held its first 4 awards ceremonies last night, designating the winners of Creative Effectiveness, Direct, PR and Promo & Activation Lions categories.
McCann Melbourne (Australia) scooped both the PR and Direct Grands Prix for “Dumb Ways to Die” for Metro Trains.
There were 1,296 entries in PR and only 158 made it on shortlist. The jury, led by president David Gallagher, Senior Partner & Chief Executive Officer Europe Ketchum, awarded 20 Gold, 29 Silver and 45 Bronze Lions. The Direct jury (under Mark Tutssel, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer Leo Burnett, lead) shortlisted 247 works from an initial pool of entries of 2,578 and awarded 13 gold, 19 silver and 28 bronze trophies.
The Promo & Activation Grand Prix was taken by Ogilvy Brasil, for “Immortal Fans”, created for football club Sport Club Recife. The jury chose it to top the category from among 2,974 entries and 265 shortlisted works. Category’s jury, led by Rob Schwartz, Global Creative President TBWA\Worldwide, awarded 18 gold, 32 silver and 44 bronze trophies.
Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus, Ogilvy & Mather, acted as jury president for the Creative Effectiveness Lions, which in its third year received 120 entries. Of the 12 shortlisted entries, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam took the Grand Prix for “Heineken’s Legendary Journey: Justifying a Premium the World Over” and a further six Creative Effectiveness Lions were awarded.
Delegates attending the Festival have already experienced an exceptional content program with speakers that have included actor, producer and musician Jack Black; Formula One’s Jenson Button; singer Melanie Brown and industry names from Andrew Robertson, President, CEO BBDO Worldwide, to Nick Law, Global Chief Creative Officer R/GA. Running alongside the seminars, other content streams include Workshops, Forums, TechTalks and Master Classes.
The Game Changers Exhibition officially opened its doors on Saturday to both delegates and the general public. Celebrating the campaigns that have changed the brand communications industry forever, the exhibition showcases the ads and creativity that have altered the shape of advertising. Other exhibitions at the Festival include a retrospective look at 60 years of Cannes Lions, featuring programs, press releases and other memorabilia from across the decades, as well as exhibitions of the shortlisted and winning work as and when they are announced.
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is currently taking place in Cannes, France and is being attended by close to 12,000 delegates.