ICEEfest – Interactive Central and Eastern Europe Festival – took place in Bucharest between June 6-9 and its organizers announced official numbers related to the scope of the event and the results of a poll made among the participants.
I think it is the time to offer an example of transparency, we don’t offer vague estimations on participation, nor PR stereotypes, but exact numbers that come mainly from external sources and that show the number of those that participated to the festival, together with other data and numbers usually kept internally
Managing Partner Thinkdigital Romania,
Founder and organizer ICEEfest.
According to data published on the ticketing company’s website, 1,732 people registered for the conference and its events. Moreover, 164 press passes were given and, during the week-end that followed the conferences, 8,500 people visited Cinema Multiplex and had access to event’s exhibition.
An evaluation form was sent to the participants, with 94% of them stating they will come to the future editions of ICEEfest. When it came of information on ICEEfest, the most popular sources were news websites, Facebook, friends and acquaintances.
The events that took place during the festival gathered together over 80 hours of video content, with 95 speakers and guests speaking during the 2 conference days.
Top 30 most appreciated speakers
(as reflected by qualificatives they got from audience after their presentations)
- Jeff Leach, actor & comic
- Tom Eslinger, Worldwide Digital Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Enon Landenberg, VP Commercial Marketing, SpaceIL
- Gilad Coppersmith, SVP Digital & Innovation Catalyst World Markets, Mediabrands Worldwide
- Andrzej Moyseowicz, Innovation Partner & Founder, Freemavens
- Weronika Sobolak, Client Partner Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
- Colin Delany, founder, ePolitics.com
- Maciej Sojka – Head of Content Partnership for CEE, Youtube
- Martin Talks, President Digital, Draftfcb UK
- Kai Turner, Co-Founder, Brands on Vine
- Serhad Bolukcu, CEE Market Manager, Facebook
- Gideon Amichay, CEO & Founder, No, No, No, No, No, Yes
- Branislav Vujovic, Founder and President, New Frontier Group
- Geoffrey Hantson, Executive Creative Director, Duval Guillaume Modem
- Bogdana Butnar, Industry Manager, Google
- Béla E. Papp, Advertising & Online CEE Director, Microsoft | Skype
- Dirk Singer, Founder, Rabbit
- Rupert Slade, Head of Central & Eastern Europe, PHD International
- Dan Bulucea, Country Manager, Google
- Tomasz Czudowski, New Products & Solutions Lead for CEE, Google | Youtube
- Steve Vranakis, Executive Creative Director EMEA, Google Creative Lab
- Kimon Zorbas, CEO, IAB Europe
- Ellie McHugh, Global Channel Manager, Digital Marketing Institute
- Tej Rekhi, International Innovation Strategist, DG MediaMind
- Lars Samuelsen, Digital Strategy Director EMEA, Grey Group
- Chris Clarke, Chief Creative Officer, Lbi
- Matt Peters, Founder, Pandemic Labs
- Clément Cezard, Chief Business Development Officer, Deezer
- Carsten van Husen, CEO, Gameforge
- Nick Hugh, Vicepresident and Head of Display Solutions EMEA, Yahoo!
ICEEfest benefited of intense media coverage; the event was on TV – news broadcasted by ProTV, Realitatea TV, Romania TV, Antena 3, TVR, B1 TV and so on -, radio (KISS FM, Radio Guerrilla, ProFM etc) and also print (Ziarul Financiar, Adevarul, Business Magazin and others).
When it comes the online outlets, Google already has over 320,000 mentions of ICEE fest, a name that was launched publicly only last year. Over 60 blogs published info on this year’s event and there were over 500 articles on Romanian websites related to ICEE, according to Mediafax’s monitoring system. Also, adding to those are almost 1,000 mentions on Twitter and Facebook.
During the 7 weeks when the even was promoted, around 110,000 unique visitors got to www.iceefest.com, according to Google Analytics.