Romanian programmers, creative and young entrepreneurs have the opportunity, on October 25-27, to start innovation within Startup Weekend Brasov, event affiliated to an international network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs. For 54 hours, the teams are communicating, decisions become a challenge and emotions are running high, while problem solving is made with the most creative and active method.
Startup Weekend is a concept focused on experiential education. Participants are building prototypes and submit them to validation while collaborating with other passionate and specialized people, with different backgrounds and points of view. Moreover, they have the opportunity to interact directly with event’s mentors and jurors, leaders of tech community, in order to make their ideas viable.
Starting with the pitches on Friday evening, the participants bring with them their best ideas and inspire the others to join them and form a team. The teams are organically forming around the best ideas (determined by public vote) and than they have an idea and 54 hours to create business models, to program, to make the design; afterwards, all gets tested and concept are validated.
The 3 speakers, 2 jurors and 10 mentors from 2 continents (Asia – India, Europa – UK, Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria) will offer guidance and support to the teams during the event.
The speakers, jurors and mentors are
- Adelina Peltea, co-founder Splinter.me Belgium
- Andrei Roth, co-founder Spherik Accelerator Romania
- Bogdan Colceriu, co-founder Tetatet Romania
- Catalina Amihaiesi, Program DirectorSpherik Accelerator, Romania
- Catalina Rusu, Co-founder Geekcelerator Romania
- Cosmin Mihaiu, CEO MiraRehab, UK
- David Szabo, Intrapreneur Microsoft Hungary
- Emanuele Musa, CEO Babele Romania
- Gregory Rondin, Director Pentalabbs, Romania
- Marius Ursache, Chief Creative Officer Grapefruit Romania
- Maria Sandor, Member of the board of advisors GRASP Society Romania
- Mircea Vadan, Co-founder Usetogether, Romania
- Monica Jiman, deputy CEO Pentalog Romania
- Pal Mukul, Fondator Orpheus Capital India
- Razvan Patrascu, fondator Firestarter Romania
- Tudor Birlea, Chief Legal Strategist Rewind Solutions, UK.
Startup Weekend concept was developed in US and taken over in more than 100 countries all over the world.