The 5th edition of TEDx Bucharest, scheduled to take place on November 9th at Auditorium Pallady, will be joined, this year, by 20 special speakers, leaders in their domains of activity or owners of inspirational life experiences.
Some of those speakers are:
- His Excellency Marin Harris, UK’s Ambassador in Romania – previous to being the top British diplomat in Romania, he was British Government’s consultant on matters related to countries from former Soviet Union, like Afghanistan, and Pakistan
- Dorin Stefan – DSBA – one of the most important Romanian architects, Founding member of Romanian Architects Society, vicepresident of Romanian Architects Order (since 2002)
- Florin Georgescu – doctor in psychology and founder of Tandem association and of Tandem Arena sports club. In 2012, he lead the tandem cyclist tour from Arad to London, in order to support Romanians that were participating to Paralympic Games, as he himself cannot see for more than 20 years
- Grigore Lese – Doctor in music, ethno-musician and teacher at Letters Faculty (Bucharest University). He is one of the most known and appreciated Romanian artists that interpret Romanian old traditional songs, on both Romanian and international stages
They are joined of other valuable speakers, that will create an experience marked by 20 special moments.
This year’s TEDxBucharest is supported by valuable people known for their activity as journalists, bloggers or members of the civil society. Selected as TEDxBucharest 2013 ambassadors, they will send forward, to the general public, their change message, following the spirit of the idea “Make it Happen”.
The 9 TEDxBucharest ambasadors for 2013 used unusual ways so their messages inspire TED fans and they are:
- Ionut Boniu- editor in chief Forbes Romania
- Claudiu Șerban- General Manager Capital
- Alex Giboi – General Manager – Agerpres
- Mai mult Verde foundation, reprsented by Doru Mitrana – Foundation Director
- Oricum.ro foundation, represented by Daniela Stefanescu
- Calea Victoriei foundation, represented by its president, Sandra Ecobescu
- Beneva foundation and its founder, Iulian Vacarean
- Bucuresti Optimist, represented by Cristian Vasile
- Cristian China Birta “Chinezu”- Blogger
We don’t think we could’ve benefited of support from more suited people in our effort to inspire the world in the spirit of Make it Happen idea. We are all very happy of those ambassadors involvement, as they are perfect examples of our values and of what we are trying to transmit to the people
Organizer TEDxBucharest 2013.
The 9 TEDx Bucharest 2013 ambassadors chose their own inspirational messages, that they will send to the public and will, this way, give an example to the society on what desire and ambition means when one is looking for success.
The ones that want to participate at TEDx Bucharest can save a place on event’s website . The participation fee is $100 and places can be booked until November 8th.
The event is supported by partners such as BRD Groupe Societe Generale, Petrom, Pepsico, Grolsch, the PR agency The Public Advisors and Adevarul.ro – strategic media partner