Cannes Lions will have, this year, its largest content program, bringing on stage acclaimed speakers from all over the world to discuss a diverse range of topics and issues relevant to the creative communications industry.
Under the umbrella “Creativity in Action’”, the program will focus on how to find inspiration that sparks creative new ideas and effective ways to turn inspiration into real innovations, ultimately putting creativity into action. Offering seminars from a broad spectrum of disciplines, speakers will come from the worlds of creativity, branding, production, design, gaming, technology, business, fashion, music, media, publishing, entertainment, psychology, engineering and science.
Seminars will be presented by:
- David Lubars, creative officer of BBDO Worldwide and chairman of BBDO North America;
- Chuck Porter, chief strategist, MDC Partners and chairman, Crispin Porter + Bogusky;
- PJ Pereira, co-founder, chief creative officer, Pereira & O’Dell;
- Sir Martin Sorrell, founder, chief executive, WPP;
- Colleen Decourcy, global executive creative director, Wieden+Kennedy.
- Sheryl Sandberg, chief operation officer at Facebook,
- Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo!
- Ben Silbermann, co-founder and CEO of Pinterest.
The big name speakers from entertainment industry will include:
- actor and director Ralph Fiennes, in conversation with the Guardian’s Alan Rusbridger;
- singer-songwriter Courtney Love, who will join Grey for their 8th annual music seminar;
- supermodel Gisele Bündchen onstage with mcgarrybowen;
- producer and actress Sarah Jessica Parker, who together with Cosmopolitan Magazine’s editor-in-chief Joanna Coles will discuss creativity with a cause;
- acclaimed film, television and stage actor Sir Patrick Stewart who joins the Twitter panel for a conversation on live storytelling;
- mind-blowing magician Dynamo, onstage with Brave’s Ash Bendelow looking at how Vegas can inspire brands;
- Oscar-winner Jared Leto will be joining Clear Channel Media and Entertainment’s seminar to discuss creative thinking and craft in music ;
- David Hasslehoff will conduct a live experiment with GolinHarris to see if the ‘Hoff’ brand can be built in real time.
As a new addition to the content program for 2014, ‘Insights with the Jury’sessions will give delegates the exclusive opportunity to hear from a selection of the jury presidents and get a unique understanding of how the jury came to their final decisions on the metal worthy work, which entries stood out and why, what key themes came out of the judging sessions and what are the trends that will affect and influence the direction of the industry. Sessions will come from Susan Credle, president of the Promo & Activation Lions jury, Jaime Robinson who presides over the Mobile Lions jury and president of the Cyber Lions jury, Susan Bonds.
Cannes Lions exists to inspire its delegates. The creative legends dominating the Festival programme are joined by others from outside our industry, from Hollywood stars to pilots and scientists, movie directors, authors and thinkers. It promises to be thought-provoking all week long.
CEO Lions Festivals
In addition, Lions Live will deliver live streaming across the globe of selected seminars on the Cannes Lions YouTube channel voted for by the public.
Complementing the outstanding talent taking to the main stage, attendees can also join The Forum, offering six days of themed content around the creative industries; partake in Workshops structured around hands-on, practical and interactive exercises; Brazil Day on Thursday 19 June will give delegates a chance to understand the country’s unique approach to creative success; Innovation Day on Saturday 21 June will highlight technology and creative innovation in the industry; a series of TechTalks will be presented by innovative businesses bringing new and disruptive technology to the market; and Master Classes will provide young lions and students a chance to get up close and personal with some of the industry’s biggest names.