Geoffrey Hantson, Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder Happiness Belgium, was selected as the President of the 22nd Golden Drum Festival Multi Channel Jury and will head a jury that includes other 10 top level professionals of the advertising industry
Members of the Multi Channel Jury 2015 are:
- Geoffrey Hantson, Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder, Happiness, Belgium, Multi Channel Jury President. He is Chief Creative Officer of Happiness (Brussels, Saigon, Anywhere) and part of the global creative council of the FCB network. Geoffrey took his first steps as a creative director at Duval Guillaume in 2006. In 2010 Geoffrey was named ‘creative of the year’ and both in 2012, 2013 and 2014 Duval Guillaume was named ‘creative agency of the year’ in Belgium. In the last 3 years only he gathered 27 Cannes Lions – of which 11 gold – and his agency was named agency of the year in the Media category. Also at the Eurobest festival he won an astonishing 42 awards, including 3 Grand Prix and 9 gold, in the last 3 years. In 2012 Business Insider named Geoffrey ‘one of the 25 most creative people in advertising’ (globally). In 2013 he even made it to the top of that list (nr 1), calling his work ‘amongst the best advertising ever seen’. Geoffrey believes in the power of creativity and humanity. And in Happiness, that fuels both.
- Simon Bleil, Creative Director/Co-Founder, GREAT, Austria
- Pia Grahn, CEO Nordics, Grayling, Sweden – the Nordic CEO for Grayling, an international PR-agency network, and she has been in several juries, both in Sweden and Finland (where she is originally from), as well as Cannes Lions, The Clio Awards, The Epica Awards and The New York Advertising Festival.
- Radouane Hadj Moussa, Creative Director, DDB Prague, Czech Republic
- Marsel Levi, Creative Director, Noble Graphics, Bulgaria
- Bogdan Nitu, Managing Partner and Head of Strategy, Webstyler, Romania – Bogdan Nitu has together with Felix Tataru founded the award winning web agency, Webstyler, which was named Web Agency of the Year at the Internetics Festival in 2003, 2006 and 2007. Among his most recent awards are Clio, Effie Romania, Eurobest, Golden Drum, European Excellence Awards, Internetics and Digital Communication Awards
- Can Pehlivanli, Creative Director, Y&R Istanbul, Turkey
- Jason Romeyko, Global Chief Creative Officer, GSK & Deutsche Telekom, Saatchi & Saatchi S.A., Switzerland
- Toni Tomašek, Creative Director, Publicis Groupe Slovenia, Slovenia – Toni is one of the internationally most experienced Creative Directors in the Adriatic Region being 20 years in advertising. He won the first and the second Cannes Lions (Gold Media and Bronze Cyber) in ex-Yu region and is still the only one in Slovenia and also the first regional Cannes finalist for Integrated Campaign.
- Andrew Ushakov, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett Moscow, Russia
- Ricardo Wolff, Creative Director, DDB Berlin, Germany – Ricardo has recently returned to DDB Berlin to lead the Volkswagen International account as Creative Director. His work has been recognized over 100 times by major industry festivals like the Cannes Lions, One Show, D&AD, Clio, and ADC. He was nominated the world’s 13th best copywriter by the Big Won Report.
I’m very honoured and flattered to be selected as this year’s President of the Golden Drum Multi Channel Jury. I’m very curious to see the works and I very much look forward to the constructive chats and discussions with my fellow jury members. My approach will be quite simple: let’s call the bad bad. Let’s call the good good. And let’s call the average bad. That will give a clear first selection. Afterwards I think we should always be focussed on the positive. Let’s put our energy in talking about how good an idea is and why it deserves metal.
Multi Channel Jury President 2015
The Golden Drum Competition invites best creative, advertising, digital, PR and media agencies, advertisers, production and media companies from 37 countries of New Europe, to enter their creative work before the entry deadline 21 August 2015 and compete for the prestigious Golden Drum Awards.
Golden Drum International Advertising Festival, one of the biggest advertising festivals in Europe, is a four day event, organized by the Slovenian Advertising Chamber, which offers great learning experience and career aspiration for everyone working in the creative advertising industry, granting easy access to top industry experts, unique friendship opportunities and cultural mix while remaining the best place for networking. This year’s theme of the 22nd Golden Drum International Advertising Festival, organized by the Slovenian Advertising Chamber from 13 to 16 October 2015 in Grand Hotel Bernardin in Portorož, Slovenia, will be “Transformation, liberation and creative culture”.
The first Golden Drum festival was organized in 1994, beginning as a modest idea many considered bold and overreaching. Since then, the Golden Drum International Advertising Festival has grown not only into a European manifestation but also into a prominent event noticed worldwide. From Trieste to Vladivostok, from Helsinki to Tel Aviv, the Golden Drum is recognized as one of the biggest, most important and most visible advertising overviews and events of the year. In the two decades of its existence it has gained the reputation of the friendliest among the bigger advertising events. The festival celebrates genius loci, the spirit of the place, and always lives up to its motto “sharp competition, good school, crazy party and devilish challenge”.
During the past 21 years Golden Drum brought together more than 26,000 professionals from 40 countries all across the world. Over 36,000 entries have been submitted to compete for highly prestigious and cherished Golden Drum Awards. The Golden Drum Festival proudly welcomed numerous advertising and other celebrities as jury presidents, jury members and guest speakers. In 2010, Golden Drum has honoured its most loyal and passionate contributors and supporters in the Golden Drum Hall of Fame for the first time. Since then new members are honoured yearly. Golden Drum is proud to recognize Jure Apih, longstanding president and current Honorary President of Golden Drum, Adrian Botan, Farid Chehab, Michael Conrad, Ivan Čimburov, Meta Dobnikar, Ami Hasan, Jan Mariusz Demner, Jirži Mikeš, Juli Nemes(+), Milka Pogliani, Daniel Ružička, Dragan Sakan(+), Juraj Vaculik, Vital Verlič, Darek Zatorski and Jarek Ziebinski as members of the Golden Drum Hall of Fame.
In a joint venture with affiliated regional festivals from Asia-pacific (ADfest), Ibero-America (FIAP) and the Art Directors Club of Europe (ADC*E), a new global as well as anti-globalist advertising award – The Intercontinental Advertising Cup (The Cup) – was launched. All shortlisted entries in Golden Drum Competition gain an exclusive right to compete for The Cup awards.