The Art Directors Club of Europe (ADC*E) has crowned Ukrainian copywriter Anton Kudinov as the winner of the 2nd annual Greatness Challenge. The Greatness Challenge offers to the young professional creatives the opportunity to earn a place on the jury of the prestigious ADC*E Awards.
This year, entrants were asked to use their creative wits to successfully raise the funds finance their attendance at the 2nd European Creativity Festival in Barcelona. Upon successfully reaching their target, teams would become eligible to enter the competition by submitting a case study to be judged by the ADC*E Board, led by current President Amir Kassaei.
Judged upon the criteria of originality, execution and effectiveness, copywriter Anton Kudinov (Cheil Ukraine) was selected as the 2015 winner, and his entry is presented in the video.
All those that successfully complete the Greatness Challenge win the unique opportunity to go behind the scenes of the ADC*E Awards and sit alongside Europe’s most esteemed creatives on the Awards juries. As Junior Jurors, they can take part in discussions, gain insight into the selection process and see how their own perceptions contrast with the professional jury from their exclusive vantage point.
In total, eight young professionals took part in the 2015 Awards as Junior Jurors:
- Portugal (CCP) – Hugo Suissas, Art Director at excentricGrey
- Portugal (CCP) – Tiago Silva, Copywriter at excentricGrey
- Romania (ADC*RO) – Dragos Raicu, Copywriter at FCB Bucharest
- Romania (ADC*RO) – Simona Suman, Copywriter at McCann Bucharest
- Spain (ADG-FAD) – Marcos Garcia, Junior Creative at CHINA Madrid
- Spain (ADG-FAD) – Rodrigo Molinaro, Junior Creative at CHINA Madrid
- Ukraine (ADC*UA) – Anton Kudinov*, Copywriter at Cheil Ukraine
- Ukraine (ADC*UA) – Iuliana Pianykh, Digital Promotion Specialist at Peppermint Interactive
The Greatness Challenge is open to young professionals with no more than two years industry experience. Creatives can enter individually, or in teams of two, and each ADC*E member nation is responsible for selecting one team to represent them.
As the overall winner, Anton also earns a place on the upcoming edition of the ADC*E’s rising star programme, the Creative Express. The Creative Express brings together the continent’s best young art directors, copywriters and designers for a unique learning experience with their international peers. Taking place 11-13 November, the 5th edition will see attendees work together to tackle a real-world business challenge in a classroom like no other: a Scandinavian cruise ship.