Fred & Farid New York made the first content creation project for Louis XIII Cognac, one of the most luxurious spirits in the world. The agency advised the client to curate an unique artistic performance, the making of a movie to be released after 100 years, the time requested for 4 generations of cellar masters to create brand’s cognac.
The movie, to be released in 2115, has John Malkovich in the main role and is directed by Robert Rodriguez, who both embraced the unusual project and worked on it with full creative control.
The film -“100 year – The Movie You Will Never See” – will only be released in 2115 and no details were communicated about it; it is known it was fully written by Malkovich and is “emotionally-charged”, according to Rodriguez
When I was first approached I really loved the idea… I mean, in a way I wish all the film I made wouldn’t have been seen for a hundred years. I don’t know how much that would change the way in which they will be regarded…
We are very proud to have collaborated with FF New York on the unexpected cinematic project “100 Years” for Louis XIII Cognac. The creative expertise of their team allowed us to launch this groundbreaking project that will create a precedent in the luxury world. We’re looking forward to many more exciting projects with them in the years to come!
Ludovic Du Plessis
Global Executive Director Louis XIII Cognac
Louis XIII is an extraordinary brand, therefore it deserved extraordinary content. That’s why we’ve assembled an incredible team with John Malkovich, Robert Rodriguez and Claudio Miranda (« Best Cinematography » Oscar winner for Life of Pi)
Fred & Farid
CEO, founders, Creative Chairmen FFGroup
To make sure “100 Years” remains secure until its official premiere, one century from now, the only copy of the film was placed in a state-of-the-art safe created in partnership with Fichet-Bauche. The door is impossible to open until the one hundred year countdown is complete on November 18, 2115. It’s the first luxury safe box in the world that cannot be opened with a code or a key, but with time. The film will be kept in there, and nowhere else.
Meanwhile, one thousand guests from around the world received an exclusive invitation to give to their descendants to attend the premiere of “100 Years”, on November 18, 2115, at the House of Louis XIII in Cognac, France. Just as each cellar master dedicates his life to creating a masterpiece that he will never experience, today’s audiences might never see the film.
In today’s instant gratification culture, the long commitment it takes to create Louis XIII is an oddity. It inspired us to make something unusual that would excite people’s imagination.
Laurent Leccia (Creative Director)
Francois Grouiller (Managing Director)
Fred&Farid New York
- FF New York (FF GROUP) for Louis XIII – “100 Years”
- Brand supervisor: Ludovic du Plessis.
- Chief creative officers: Fred & Farid
- Creative director: Laurent Leccia
- Copywriting, art direction: Laurent Leccia
- Agency Supervisors: Francois Grouiller (Managing director), Dushan Karageorgevitch
- Head of Social Media: Matthieu Bouilhot
- Social Media Manager: Allison Fendrick
- Assistant Art Directors: Radouane Guissi, Anthony Bober
- Head of Production (agency): Karim Naceur
- Digital agency Producer: Jim Tran
- Production company: Moonwalk Productions
- Producer: Gaspard Chevance
- Director: Robert Rodriguez
- Photographer: Eddy Briere
- Music, sound design: Kouz Production
- Music supervisor: Léo Copet
- Post-production: Mikros
- Post producer: Christophe Huchet, Stephane Allender