McCann London won 20 Lions, across the Cyber, Media, Outdoor, Direct, Entertainment and Promo & Activation categories at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity this year, demonstrating the strength of the agency across multiple disciplines.
- The Microsoft Xbox “Survival Billboard” campaign won a total of 18 awards, taking home 5 Gold, 8 Silver and 5 Bronze (as well as numerous shortlists.) The success was thanks to an integrated effort across four of McCann Worldgroup UK’s agencies: McCann London, Momentum, MRM/Meteorite and Craft.
- McCann London’s work for another Xbox campaign, “Squadvertiser,” and the “Calendar Invite” work for Ethos Travel picked up a Silver and Bronze Lion in Cannes.
- McCann London’s work for MasterCard and Bisto work was also shortlisted.
This is testament to our creative strength under the leadership of Rob Doubal and Lolly Thomson. The Xbox Survival Billboard wins demonstrate the power of collective efforts with our McCann Worldgroup partners. It’s a special time to be at McCann London.
CEO McCann London
Rob Doubal, McCann Co-President and CCO McCann London:
Over the last 3 years, Lolly and I’ve worked hard to build a culture where we focus on making bold and interesting work which is made in an open way. Survival Billboard was a belter, but we were also rewarded Lions for Squadvertiser and Ethos Travel – and very proud of Bisto and Mastercard shortlists. With Cannes behind us, we’re more excited about what’s to come.
The Cannes results follow a successful awards performance so far this year by McCann London (supported by MRM Meteorite, Momentum and Craft for Xbox “Survival Billboard”):
- Creative Circle: 5 Gold, 4 Silver and 2 Bronze across multiple categories, showing McCann’s strength not only across disciplines, but also for a range of clients – with Microsoft, Premier Foods, and flight comparison site Momondo winning.
- D&AD: one Yellow and six Wood Pencils for Xbox and Ethos Travel.
- The Webby Awards: “Survival Billboard” campaign won not only the People’s Voice, but also the Judges’ pick.
- One Show: wins for Xbox and Momondo including a Best of Discipline, two golds and two silvers.
- NY Festivals: two first places; Andy Awards: a silver and bronze.