eurobest, the European Festival of Creativity produced by Cannes Lions, announced recently the presidents of the juries from this year’s edition of the festival.
Jose Papa, Managing Director of Cannes Lions:
Every year the eurobest juries feature an exciting mix of fantastic regional talent and global creative leaders. European creativity leads the way in so many areas and I know this year’s Presidents will continue the eurobest tradition of seeking out the finest ideas and talent the region can produce.
Charlotte Williams, Festival Director:
Every one of this year’s eurobest Jury Presidents is a leader in their field and I can’t wait to see them in action as they guide their respective juries through the 4,500-plus entries we normally receive from every corner of Europe. You can always rely on the eurobest shortlist to contain some amazing gems and this year’s Jury Presidents are the ideal people to help discover them.
The full line-up of 2017 eurobest jury presidents have been named as follows:
- Creative Effectiveness: Catherine Emprin, Managing Director, BETC (France)
- Design:Chris Moody, Chief Design Officer & Global Principal, Wolff Olins (Global)
- Direct:Adrian Botan, Global Executive Creative Director & President Creative Council Europe, McCann Worldgroup (Global)
- Entertainment: Mark Adams, Senior Vice President, VICE Media (UK)
- Film, Print & Publishing and Print & Outdoor Craft: Richard Brim, Chief Creative Officer, adam&eveDDB (UK)
- Film Craft: James Bland, Executive Producer/Co-Managing Director, Blink Productions (UK)
- Healthcare: Shaheed Peera, Executive Creative Director, Publicis LifeBrands (Global)
- Innovation and Creative Data: Dylan Williams, Partner & Chief Strategic Officer, Droga5 London (UK)
- Interactive, Mobile and Digital Craft: Zélia Sakhi, Partner and Head of Creative & Design, Mobiento / Deloitte Digital (Sweden)
- Media: Tim Castree, Global Chief Executive Officer, MEC Global (Global)
- Outdoor and Radio & Audio: Alexander Schill, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Serviceplan (Global)
- PR: Michelle Hutton, Chief Operating Officer, Europe & CIS, Edelman (Europe)
- Promo & Activation and Glass: Vicki Maguire, Co-Chief Creative Officer, Valenstein & Fatt (Grey London) (UK)
The presidents will be joined in London in November by 98 jurors as they work to identify pioneering European creativity. The winners will be revealed and honored in an evening awards ceremony which will take place on 30 November.
A new feature of the Festival will see a selection of Presidents and jurors discuss some of the winning work to be awarded, providing attendees with an unprecedented level of insight into the jury decision process and a preview of the work to be revealed in full during the evening ceremony.
Simon Cook, Awards Director of Cannes Lions:
The regional focus of eurobest creates a platform for amazing work from agencies of all shapes and sizes to be recognized. The work championed by eurobest Jury Presidents and their juries is a good indicator of the creative trends that develop at Cannes Lions the following summer.
The Festival runs from 28 – 30 November and incorporates specialist events, Lions Health, Lions Innovation and Lions Entertainment. Further information on how to enter work and details on registration packages can be found on Eurobest’s website .