Leading up to the 2018 LIA awards judging session in Las Vegas, LIA announces its list of Jury Presidents for nine of the juries.
Our jury presidents are chosen for their expertise, skill, fairness and because they’ve been the force behind award-winning work throughout their careers (…) So we are pleased to have Corinna Falusi, a much celebrated creative, as our Digital Jury President. While she is the first female Digital Jury President, we also know she brings with her a wealth of experience that will surely see only the best work surface to the top so that we can inspire everyone, both the advertising fraternity and clients
The rest of the Jury Presidents are equally elite. We are very proud to announce the names of the first jury presidents, a highly recognized group of people with the ability and experience required to lead the juries in their respective disciplines
President of LIA
As the world’s first truly international Awards, the other Jury Presidents include stellar names such as:
- Integration: Mark Tutssel – Executive Chairman, Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Non-Traditional: Khai Tham Meng – Co-Chairman & Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather
- Branded Entertainment: Perry Fair – Head of Partnerships, Red Bull Media House, North America
- Design and Package Design: Isabelle Dahlborg Lidström – Head of Experience / Creative Director, GROW
- Music & Sound: Hans Brouwer – CEO & Founder, MassiveMusic
- Print | Poster | Billboard | Ambient | Verbal Identity: Jeremy Craigen – Global Chief Creative Officer, INNOCEAN Worldwide
- Radio & Audio: Merlee Jayme – Chairmom / Chief Creative Officer, Dentsu Jayme Syfu
- TV/Cinema/Online Film: Matt Eastwood – former Global Chief Creative Officer of JWT
Judging will take place at Encore Las Vegas from September 29th through October 7th.
Creative LIAisons, an initiative created by LIA for young creatives as a way to give back to the industry, will be held in tandem with the judging dates, from October 3rd through to October 5th. This program is specially curated to have the best speakers as well as the chance for the young creatives to sit in on statue discussions by the judges.
The Entry System is open for entries. The initial entry deadline is the 11th June.
London International Awards (LIA) is a global festival honoring creativity and new ideas in Advertising, Production, Digital, Design, Health & Medical, Music & Sound, Technology and Branded Entertainment. The awards, founded in 1986 by President Barbara Levy, began by honoring advertising in the realms of Cinema, Television, Print and Radio, evolving since its inception into 22 unique media types. It was the first truly international advertising awards of its kind to acknowledge all media and methods from all over the world to be judged by a diverse global jury. Every member on each Jury Panel, including the Jury President, judges all entries, excluding their own work, in their respective media. Each Jury has the discretion to award a Grand LIA within the media they are judging.