TBWA\Dublin creates a heart-warming TVC directed by Cannes-Lions-winning Gary Freedman, part of a new campaign for Bank of Ireland.
‘Snuggley’ is a heart-warming TVC that follows a young boy as he experiences new surroundings throughout his childhood. It shows the journey of a family through the eyes of a child and his ever present cuddly toy rabbit, ‘Snuggley’. His ‘Snuggley’ becomes the one constant as he moves home, welcomes new siblings, gets a dog, and makes and leaves friends. Through this comforting sentiment, Bank of Ireland says it’ll stay by their customers’ side, ‘Wherever you go’.
Shot in Dublin over four days, the beautifully-captured TVC is directed by Independent’s Gary Freedman, who is responsible for Cannes-Lions-winning commercials such as ‘When You Drink, Never Drive’ for Heineken and ‘Lift 90’ for HSBC, as well as his work for brands such as Volkswagen, Nike, Fosters, IKEA and Doritos. The film features the track, ‘Follow You, Follow Me’ by Genesis, which has been rerecorded by up-and-coming Cork singer, Maria Byrne.
TBWA\Dublin developed the campaign to promote a range of benefits for customers looking to buy a new home. Mark Nolan, Chief Strategy Officer from TBWA\Dublin comments: “Buying one house for life isn’t relatable to a new generation of consumers and many people will probably move home a number of times in their lives. To develop a campaign that really resonates with the public, we wanted to acknowledge this reality whilst highlighting the importance of having that one constant support throughout.”
The campaign will run across TV, OOH, Radio, Cinema, VOD, Digital, Native Content, Social, Owned Media and One on One. It will be supported by a PR campaign and a series of nationwide events.
The TBWA\Dublin Group was established in Dublin in 1992. The driving vision in the early years was to challenge the conventions of the business and to lead the thinking within the industry. From the very beginning, the company earned a reputation for strategic insight and creative excellence. In 2002, the agency joined the TBWA\ network when it joined Omnicom. Today the TBWA\Dublin Group is a multi award winning full-service agency, which includes the TBWA\DAN Data Lab and the TBWA\Make production company.
Client: Bank of Ireland
- Director of Customer, Analytics, Insights and Marketing: Brían Corish
- Head of Marketing: James Munnelly
- Consumer and Segment Marketing Manager: Ruth Brady
Creative Agency: TBWA\Dublin
- Executive Creative Director: John Kane
- Creative Director: John Kilkenny
- Chief Strategy Officer: Mark Nolan
- Senior Strategist: Aleesha Tully
- Director of Social Media & Content: Andrew Murray
- Social Media & Content Specialist: Dylan Newe
- Head of Broadcast: Onagh Carolan
- Managing Director: Fergal Behan
- Account Director: Eibhín Mc Loughlin
- Senior Account Manager: Rebecca Schatz
- Account Executive: Alex Lloyd
Production Company: Independent
- Director: Gary Freedman
- Producer: Chris McBride
- Service Production Company: Sweet Media
- Service Company Producer: Emma O’Beirne
- Editor: Adam Spivey, The Playroom
Grade: Jean Clement, MPC London
Online post production: Screen Scene
Online post production producer: Sinead Bagnall
Music: ‘Follow Me, Follow You’ written by Genesis, Performed by Maria Byrne