The latest installment of Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed franchise – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (launch on October 5th)– takes players on an epic journey in Ancient Greece, inviting them to forge their destiny. It is up to the player to choose which of the many paths he/she will take through this rich world that constantly evolves around you. But as the Oracle of Delphi would say – be warned – each choice you take will have its consequences.
Alexios, descendant of the legendary spartan general Léonidas will have to make choices, if he wants to survive the violence, conspiracies and power struggles that are in full force 431 years BC.
Created by DDB Paris and directed by the directing collective TRAKTOR, the launch film of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is an homage to Trainspotting and its famous opening scene which takes apart the consumer society and the pressure it puts on the choices of individuals.
The words of Irvine Welsh and the iconic “Lust for Life” song by Iggy Pop lose none of their impact as they are transposed to the heart of Ancient Greece. On the contrary, they create a spectacular and explosive contrast, while remaining as relevant as always.
“Choose life” is released as a long version online and adapted in short formats (45’, 30’ and 20’) on TV and cinema.
For the last three years, the teams at Ubisoft studios have been creating a new chapter for the Assassin’s Creed franchise. Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Watch_Dogs, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman and Far Cry. For the 2017-18 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,732 million.
Agency : DDB° Paris
Advertiser : Ubisoft
- Clients account managers : Geoffroy SARDIN, Guillaume CARMONA, Clément PREVOSTO, Valentin MEYER
- Agency account managers : Marie-Elise ARCHAMBAUD, Olivier GUILLEROT
- Game advisor : Alban 404
- Strategic planning : Sebastien GENTY, Dominique CASTELLANO
- Creative Executive director : Alexander KALCHEV
- Art director : Alexandre LAGOET
- Copywriter : Stephane KACZOROWSKI
- Head of TV Production : Corinne PERSCH
- TV production assistant : Laurie DELAHAYES
- Post-Producer : Jérôme DEPLATIÈRE
Production : STINK
- Director : TRAKTOR
- Director of photography : Linus Sandgren
- Executive producer : Greg PANTEIX
- Line producer : Jeanne-Marie DE LA FONTAINE
Film editor : Joe GUEST -Final Cut London
Post-production / FX : Mikros- Stéphanie MOLLET
Supervision VFX : Franck LAMBERTZ, Jao M’CHANGAMA
Color Grading : MPC London – Jean-Clément SORET / Matthieu TOULLET.
Sound design and mix : Patch ROWLAND
- Audio Producer : Laura HARRIS
- Audio Post Facility : Machine Sound London
- Studio son ISDN : Martin SUMEIRE – THE
- Voice Over : Jay TAYLOR