Eurobest 2018 ended with the unveiling of this year’s Grands Prix and Special Award winners, which happened during Eurobest Unwrapped, a special event held in London. The event honored the winners and also saw the launch of the first European Creativity Report, featuring rankings and insights from this year’s Awards program.
The Awards, which have been running for over 30 years, celebrate and reward the best and most creative marketing communications from across Europe. The new European Creativity Report digs into the winning work and provides an overview of European creativity and insights into the trends and themes that arose.
Eurobest is a fantastic demonstration of the breadth of talent and creativity that exists throughout Europe and this year’s winners really represent that diversity of ideas and cultures.
Chairman of Cannes Lions & Eurobest
Kate Stanners, Chairwoman & Global Chief Creative Officer, Saatchi & Saatchi and Lucy Jameson, Founder, Uncommon Creative Studio joined Simon Cook, VP Creative Excellence, Eurobest and Cannes Lions on stage to discuss the European Creativity Report.
Commenting on the report, Simon Cook said:
The European Creativity Report captures the current zeitgeist and gives us a clear view of the of the current state of European creativity, but also provides us with indication of what’s to come. It’s a collection of rich insights and learnings straight from the mouths of our esteemed jurors, but also a tool that helps businesses raise their creative bar.
The 2018 Eurobest Grand Prix Winners:
- ‘Black Supermarket’ for Carrefour by Marcel Paris was awarded the Brand Experience & Activation Grand Prix and the Healthcare Grand Prix.
- Rothco | Accenture Interactive Dublin took home three Grands Prix in the Creative Data, Digital Craft and Radio & Audio categories for The Times/News UK & Ireland with their campaign ‘JFK Unsilenced’.
- The Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix went to ‘Give the Rainbow’ by adam&eve DDB London for Skittles, Mars.
- Antoni Berlin won the Design Grand Prix for their campaign ‘Mercedes-Benz G-Class – The Amber Cube’ for Mercedes-Benz.
- The Digital Grand Prix was awarded to ‘Bihor Couture’ for Beau Monde by McCann Bucharest.
- ‘La Forêt – Bet on a Murderer’ was honored with the Direct Grand Prix and the Entertainment Grand Prix. The campaign for France Télévisions – France 3 was created by Publicis Conseil Paris.
- Blur Films Madrid was awarded the Film Craft Grand Prix for their powerful campaign ‘Hope’ for ICRC.
- The Film Grand Prix was awarded to ‘The Supporting Act’ by BBC Creative London for BBC.
- Ketchum London with their ‘#BloodNormal’ campaign took home the Glass – The Award for Change Grand Prix and the Integrated Grand Prix for Libresse/ Bodyform (Essity)
- The Grand Prix for Good was awarded to ‘#Unwanted’ by McCann Belgrade / McCann Podgorica for the NGO Women’s Right Center.
- ‘Making the World Accessible, Dot by Dot.’ won the Innovation Grand Prix for Serviceplan Germany Munich and Dot Incorporation.
- The Media Grand Prix was won by TRY Oslo for the ‘The Animals’ Own Emergency Number’ campaign for DNB.
- S-GROUP Helsinki was awarded the Mobile Grand Prix for the ‘Block Wish’ campaign for S-Group.
- McCann London’s ‘Football Decoded’ campaign for Microsoft won the Outdoor Grand Prix.
- DDB Düsseldorf were honored with both the Print & Outdoor Craft Grand Prix and the Print & Publishing Grand Prix for their work ‘The Remarkable Edith’, ‘The Remarkable Katherine’ and ‘The Remarkable Lise’ for Stabilo International GMBH.
- The PR Grand Prix was awarded to AMV BBDO London for ‘Trash Isles’ for LADbible/The Plastic Oceans Foundation.
The 2018 Eurobest Special Award Winners:
- Publicis Worldwide was honoured as this year’s Network of the Year with DDB Worldwide in second place and McCann Worldgroup in third.
- The Media Network of the Year was awarded to PHD Worldwide. Carat came second and Havas Media Group came third.
- Rothco | Accenture Interactive Dublin, Ireland was recognised as the Eurobest Agency of the Year, followed by PUBLICIS CONSEIL, Paris, France in second position and AMV BBDO, London, United Kingdom coming third.
- Blinkink United Kingdom won the 2018 Eurobest Golden Palm. Blur Films Spain was second and Henry, France took third position.
- The Independent Agency of the Year was awarded to TRY Oslo, Norway with Jung von Matt/Limmat, Zürich, Switzerland taking second and Herezie, Paris, France in third place.