During the Effie Awards Europe 2019 Gala, Leo Burnett Bucharest received two trophies for the Telekom Romania campaigns #NETLIBERATION and Vloggers’ Swap.
#NETLIBERATION received a GOLD Effie in the category Best of the Best: Consumer Goods & Telecom, and Vloggers’ Swap was awarded a SILVER Effie in the category Best of the Best: Media Innovation/Idea.
We are happy and proud to witness, once again, the international recognition of the great performance of Telekom Romania’s campaigns. These awards would not exist without the amazing results that we managed to accomplish with full speed courage, perseverance, hard work and effort, which helped us become Client of the Year, Brand of the Year and Agency of the Year at the Romanian editions of Effie Awards.
Brand & Communication Strategy Director, Telekom Romania
Leo Burnett Bucharest is the only agency in Romania, and Telekom is the only brand in Romania awarded at Effie Awards Europe 2019, the annual competition celebrating the best of the best campaigns from all European Effie competitions.
Victor Stroe, Associate Director & Head of Strategy Leo Burnett Bucharest:
After two years of being Agency of the Year at the Romanian Effie Awards, Leo Burnett manages to receive an Effie confirmation at European level. This is a proof of the consolidated way of thinking in our agency: creativity built on insights that are connected to today’s reality, having a strong impact on our clients’ businesses.
The two awarded campaigns:
- #NETLIBERATION is the communication platform that changed the entire residential business of Telekom (Mobile, TV & Broadband), by repositioning the brand as an Internet brand. Each campaign positioned the Internet as a human right, not a privilege, which established Telekom as the only telco brand part of the people’s zeitgeist. #Netliberation is a Romanian Gold Effie campaign.
- Vloggers’ SWAP is an innovative campaign built on Telekom’s brand purpose – „Life is for sharing”, a campaign that aimed directly at the „filter bubble” issue, a contradiction to the brand’s philosophy that affects the Z Generations and Millenials. Telekom challenged influencers who have radically different ways of thinking to swap their social media channels for 24 hours, exposing their millions of followers to brand new points of view, very different from what they were used to, including on tabu subjects. Thus, Leo Burnett Bucharest and Telekom started a trend that took over the internet with millions of organic views, zero media and zero hate. Vloggers’ Swap was previously awarded at Effie Romania, Internetics, Cannes, Golden Drum, Clio și Eurobest.
The two Effie Awards Europe trophies join the previous two awards received by Leo Burnett Bucharest in the same competition – Bronze Effie for „Tide pentru Supermame” (P&G – Tide) and Bronze Effie for the Wash&Go campaign – “Best from traditions”.
Effie Awards Europe are a proof of performance and effective marketing efforts, built on strong insights, a complex strategy and a creative concept that lead to great results. All these are a standing proof of the effectiveness of the awarded campaigns.
LEO BURNETT BUCHAREST
- Diana Alexa – Managing Director
- Victor Stroe – Associate Director & Head of Planning
- Corina Bratu – Sr Strategic Planner
- Mihai Lucanu – Business Unit Director
- Magdalena Cernat – Account Manager
- Maria Ilea – Digital Account Manager
- Laura Moisa – Account Manager
- Maria Zvinca – Digital Strategist
- Sorin Deleanu – Producer
- Alexandru Zlavog – Jr Producer
- Andreas Aron – Group Creative Director
- Ali Bati – Executive Creative Director
- Alin Marghidanu – Group Creative Director
- Andrei Petrea – Art Director
- Miruna Potop – Copywriter
- Silvana Frinculescu – Art Director
- Victor Trifan – Art Director
- Sebastian Romano – Copywriter
- Alin Badiu – Art Director
- Roxana Jitaru – Art Director
- Andreea Mantescu – Webdesigner
- Dominic Timotin – Programmer
- Andreas Elsner – Chief Commercial Officer – Residential Segment
- Ruxandra Rau – Director Brand & Communication Strategy
- Stefania Rusu – Head of Brand & Marketing Communication
- Katerina Todorovski – Expert Brand & Communication
- Romeo Bunescu – Expert Brand & Communication
- Gratiela Sevastita – Expert Brand & Communication
- Luminita Andrei – Expert Brand & Communication
- Ciprian Postelnicu – Head of Media
- Ioana Stoicescu – Media Expert
- Carmen Miu – Media Expert
- Ruxandra Voda – Director Corporate Communication
- Nida Halit – Expert Corporate Communication
- Ana Maria Nitu – Specialist Social Media
- Cristina Iliescu – Specialist Social Media
- Roxana Baias – Director Segment Marketing
- Daniela Hariuc – Head of Market Research
- Cristina Arsene – Digital Expert
- Alexandra Sirbu – Digital Expert
- Gabriel Traistaru – Head of Digital Campaigns