The awareness of our impact on the planet has increased, so Orange has decided to raise awareness of the environmental impact of equipment, particularly with mobile phones, which are made of plastic and glass, but also of non-renewable natural resources that it is essential to preserve. In France, it is estimated that more than 100 million phones sleep in drawers.
It is in this context that Orange is launching with Publicis Conseil a new campaign and gives everyone the power to act by a simple gesture: give a second life to their old phone by bringing it back to store.
The film “The Toy”, directed by Frédéric Planchon (Iconoclast), tells with great sensitivity and emotion the intimate, sincere and unconditional relationship between a little girl and her toy, the famous “Fisher Price” rolling phone. As years go by, the child grows up, becomes an adolescent, gradually abandons her toy which ends up in the attic… Becoming a mother, she returns years later with her daughter who marvels and adopts the toy in her turn. With this clever parable, Orange encourages us to give a second life to our phones.
“To deal with a subject like the second life of mobile phones, it seemed essential to me to show a story of transmission: it’s time to see the world through the eyes of those who will live it.” said Marco Venturelli, President overseeing the creativity at Publicis Conseil.
Broadcast in 60 seconds, the film will be accompanied by a press, poster and digital campaign relaying the same posture.
In a second phase, Orange will roll out several programs in Europe to give phones a second life by encouraging the return or recycling of old phones, as well as the repair or purchase of reconditioned phones.
This campaign will be rolled out in France from 27th September 2020 and then in each of the European countries where the Group is present: Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg, Moldova, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
Credits – The Toy
Advertisers: Orange International & Orange France
- Executive Director Communications, Engagement and Brand: Béatrice Mandine
- Global SVP Brand & Sponsoring Director: Jean-François Rodriguez
- Group Brand Identity and Advertising Director: Séverine Nübel
- Global Brand Creative Director: Christian Bony
- Group Brand Advertising Director: Laëtitia Fruchier
- Global Project Leader: Christelle Pelletier-Le Rouzic
- Music Brand Manager: Vrej Minassian
- Global Media Manager: Géraldine Grümmer
- Communication and CSR Director Orange France: Gaëlle Le Vu
- Communication, Creation and POS communication Director: Quentin Delobelle
- Creation Director: Annabel Salesa
- Head of Advertising: Ombline Thomine-Desmazures
- Advertising Manager: Ronan De Beauregard
- Production Manager: Laurence Poucan
Agency: Publicis Conseil
- CEO of Publicis Conseil in France: Agathe Bousquet
- President of Publicis Conseil overseeing creativity: Marco Venturelli
- Executive Creative Director: Fabrice Delacourt
- Copywriter: Benjamin Sanial
- Art Director: Raphaël Halin
- Creative Assistants: Célia Kuczynski & Caroline Delhoume
- Account Managers : Marie Wallet, Anne Dauvé, Claudia Weiss, Priyanka-Lisa Sen, Pascaline Montroussier, Emilie Jeanneau, Magali Bergeroux, Jeanne Lemarchand
- Strategic Planning: Damien Sabatier
- Agency Producer: Benjamin Auberdiac
- Production Company: ICONOCLAST
- Director: Frederic Planchon
- Executive Producer: Nathalie Le Caer Line
- Producer: Alexia Levy
- Director of Photography: Stephane Fontaine
- 1rst assistant: Jim Cole
- Stylist: Reem Kuzayli
- Deco: Richard Brigland
- Post-production: Prodigious
- Post Producer: Franck-Hervé Marc
- Editing: Nik Hudson
- Colorgrading: Mathieu Caplane
- Sound Producer: Joel Tessonneau
- Business Affairs: Florian Izquierdo, Jeanne Duclos