The world of skin care is full of it. Full of false promises, quick fixes and magic potions. To change the game, Consonant Skincare has made a subtle shift in its name and a massive shift in its approach.
Relaunching as Consonant Skin+Care, the fiercely independent brand aims to usher a more truthful approach to skin care that combines its award-winning, clinically proven products with a range of wellness practices – from mindfulness to nutrition. When adopted with regularity, this practice of skin care and self-care has proven to bring about healthier, more glowing skin.
In partnership with creative agency Zulu Alpha Kilo, Consonant Skin+Care has relaunched with a new visual identity, including all-new packaging, and a website designed to introduce consumers to its holistic philosophy. And to demonstrate the brand’s new formula, their first campaign focuses on the skin care benefits of self-pleasure – one wellness practice that isn’t often discussed, especially among Canadian women.
“Masturbation causes a number of different physiological and psychological reactions in the body, from decreased stress levels to increased blood flow to the face, all of which help promote healthier skin” says Erika Schwass M.Sc., Science and Wellness Manager at Consonant. “A study of 3,500 people showed that those who masturbated at least three times per week looked on average 10 years younger than those who didn’t. Meanwhile less than half of women are masturbating regularly.”
Leveraging this rich insight, Consonant and Zulu Alpha Kilo, in collaboration with Mint, partnered with psychotherapist and sexologist, Taylor Nolan <https://taylornolan.com/> , to record Consonant’s new podcast, The More You O. This 6-part mini-series was produced by Zulubot, Zulu’s in-house content creation studio, and explores how women can make the most of self-pleasure. Each episode includes a guided audio experience, and information about skin care products from Consonant’s line that would serve as a good pairing, bringing to life the holistic Skin+Care experience.
To set the mood for the podcast, Consonant Skin+Care is also releasing a limited-edition Come and Glow Bundle <https://consonantskincare.com/products/come-and-glow-set> that includes four HydrExtreme Charcoal Sheet Masks, a mood-setting custom Consonant x Lohn candle and a pleasure toy from Dame. The program and bundle were amplified through influencer outreach and PR by Mint.
“The skin care space is an extremely competitive and cluttered market” says Heather Segal, Group Strategy Director at Zulu Alpha Kilo. ‘The skincare category is lacking the honesty that people deserve. Being able to shine a light on the truth that your best skin lies as much in a bottle as your own wellness practices is what will bring consumers closer to Consonant.”
‘The More You O’ podcast is available at consonant.com/masturbation <https://consonantskincare.com/blogs/consonant-life-blog/skin-masturbation> and all major podcast streaming services including Spotify, Apple, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher. Consonant’s award-winning products and wellness pairings can be found at www.consonant.com
About Consonant Skin+Care:
As one of the originals in clean and natural skin care, Consonant Skin+Care has been redefining how we care for our skin for over a decade. Consonant products are expertly formulated to be high-performance and deliver clinically-proven results, while our wellness pairings help elevate skin care practices to give the full Skin+Care picture. Consonant Skin+Care is on a mission to help customers free their skin care to discover their best skin. For more information about
Client: Consonant Skin+Care
Agency: Zulu Alpha Kilo
- Chief Creative Officer: Zak Mroueh
- Executive Creative Director: Christina Yu
- Associate Creative Directors: Kevin Sato, Vinay Parmar
- Art Director: Sarah Quinto, Andrea Por, Kevin Sato
- Writer: Julia Forrester, Christina Roche, Vinay Parmar Creative Director, Design: Ryan Booth
- Digital Design Director: Vince Rozas
- Designer: Kimberly Pereira, Gala Tanaskovic, Kevin Sato, Zoe Kim, Katina Constantinou, Omar Morrison, Petra Cuschieri, Jeff Watkins
- Clients: William Baker, Kristina Breckon, Erika Schwass, Mary Ross
- Agency Producer: Houng Ngui, Teresa Bailey
- Account Team: Nadine Arsenault, Lisa Sousa, Skye Gandy, Nina Bhayana
- Strategy Team: Heather Segal, Spencer MacEachern, Stephanie Gyles PR Agency: Mint PR Team: Sarah Garber, Samantha Margolis Fogle
Production House: Zulubot
- Sound Engineer & Voice Director: Dino Cuzzolino, Stephen Stepanic
- Producer: Mariya Guzova
- Editor & Sound Design: Noah Mroueh
- Social Media Editor: Cecilia Bernasch
- Photographer: Sophie Sahara
- Illustrator: Jacopo Rosati
- Studio Artist: Ashleigh O’Brien, Jeannette Downes, Greg Heptinstall, Michelle Kennedy, Andrew Martin