This past year, ŠKODA celebrated its 125th year and, recently, launched the fourth generation of its bestselling ŠKODA OCTAVIA, the car manufacturer’s entry into the e-mobililty market, culminating in the upcoming release of its first ever 100% electric SUV, the ŠKODA ENYAQ iV.
On the strength of this exciting news, ŠKODA is looking forward to a 2021 full of ambitions. So naturally, to begin the 5th year of its collaboration with agency Rosapark, the brand is once again launching one of its characteristically offbeat and original campaigns, in line with its recent campaigns, « Ugly in the 90s », « Hesitation », and the detective epic « Will and Chuck ».
For this new opus, ROSAPARK and ŠKODA wanted to again highlight ŠKODA’s innovative positioning and its ability to constantly adapt to its consumers’ uses by showcasing a frequently overlooked brand USP, one that’s almost anecodotal, but which, in this case, will ultimately avoid clashes between drivers.
Who hasn’t experienced that infamous scourge, that harrowing blow… When you open your door just a little too fast, and voilà, you’ve scratched the neighboring car. Don’t worry though, because ŠKODA is there for you!
As Sacha Lacroix, Managing Director of ROSAPARK explains, « It’s interesting to see to what extent this option, based on such a small detail, really does that makes everyday life easier, and that once again, its invention is the result of exploratory work by ŠKODA, who’s constantly looking for strong consumer insights. »
Paul Barrocas, Marketing Director of ŠKODA France adds : « One of the strong values of the brand is ‘attention’, and we strive to be constantly listening to and serving our consumers in order to provide them with practical solutions that combine comfort and ease at the wheel on a daily basis. »
The Czech manufacturer offers us a breath of fresh air that won’t go unnoticed by cinema lovers with their new film, styled after ‘80s mafia movies.
Starting with a young couple, Epic Option shows us how ŠKODA’s on-board equipment can save us a lot of trouble. After maneuvering through an almost empty parking lot, the young couple parks next to a vehicle that we understand belongs to a group of mafia guys sitting on the terrace of a café nearby. The camera then stops on the characters’ hard stares, fearing for their vehicle, before focusing on ŠKODA’s door protection, which becomes a character of its own. Slow motion, tight shots on tense faces, and Richard Wagner’s Ride of the Walkyries come together to make this film a real cinematic force.
To achieve this, ŠKODA and Rosapark were helped by one of the most promising filmmaking duos of our generation, the Bukherma brothers. Raised on fantastic literature and cinema, the twins Ludovic and Zoran have already made feature films that have stood out in the world of cinema (Willy 1er, awarded at the Deauville American Film Festival, and Teddy, selected for the Cannes Film Festival 2020), and this is the pair’s first advertisement.
The campaign launches March 1 on social media with the hashtag #MakeItEpic, and digitally in 60” and 30” formats.
Brand : ŠKODA
- Marketing Director : Paul Barrocas
- Communication Manager : Marie-Charlotte Bosvieux
- Advertising and Media Manager : Céline Hahn
- Digital and Social Media Manager : Stéphanie Cantau
- Retail Network Manager : Émilie Le mentec
- Customer experience & data performance manager : Sébastien Toussaint
Creative Agency :
- Cofounders: Jean-Patrick Chiquiar, Gilles Fichteberg and Jean-François Sacco
- ECDs : Gilles Fichteberg and Jean-François Sacco
- Copywriters : William Verdel and Sebastien Mertens
- ADs : William Verdel and Sebastien Mertens
- Assistant Copywriter : Chloé Estival
- Assistant AD: Laura Foissier
- Managing Director : Sacha Lacroix
- Advising Director : Romain Bruneau
- Account Director : Maxime Persuy
- Account Managers : Hugo Ravote and Romane Drosdziok
- Strategic Planning : Louise Imbert
- TV production : Élodie Jonquille, Héloïse Duquenoy and Jean-François Wang
- Production :
- Directors : Ludovic & Zoran Boukherma
- Producer : Marine Garnier
- Chief Operator : Augustin Barbaroux
- Production Director : Gilles Pinaudeau
- Production Assistant : Sidney Roy-Aubin
- Post Production : FIRM
- Post Producer : Laura Roddier
- Editing : Leo Gatelier
- Calibrator : Nicolas Gautier
- Sound Studio : Schmooze