(adds new sanction for OTV)
– Intact Interactive will undergo a make-over, that will see appearing a new structure instead – Digital Antena Group, according to PaginadeMedia.ro and Refresh.ro. According to the mentioned sources, Digital Antena will manage Antena Group’s websites (Antena 1, Antena 2, Euforia), while the team will include people from Convergent Media and Intact Interactive, with some changes planned also at team’s level.
– Romanian editions of Glamour and GQ magazines will go from Liberis Publications to Mediafax Group, following direct discussions between Mediafax Group and Conde Nast, owner of the international licenses for the 2 titles (Paginademedia.ro)
-AdePlast chose its consultants for 2012 and will audit with Deloitte and communicate, for the 4th year in the row, with LinksPR
– Romanian National Council for Audiovisual (CNA) posted on its website a draft of decision that requires companies that want to provide VOD services – no matter if they are on TV, internet or through other electronic communications networks – to notify CNA 7 days previous to start their activities in VOD sector. The project applies to providers that are acting under Romanian legislation. According to the draft, in 7 days term from the notification, CNA issues and provides to the company that notified it a document that authorizes it to provide the mentioned service. VOD services cannot be provided before receiving CNA’s OK. The draft is available, in Romanian, on CNA’s website and opened to public consultations, the interested parties being able to submit comments and suggestions until April 9th
– Dan Manoliu won a contest organized by Romanian State Television (SRTv) and will be the new Editor-in-Chief of Public Television’s Entertainment redaction, after he previously insured the interim of the same position
–Zoso.ro started publishing again, on April’s Fools, after 2 months of break. For the moment, given the day, it isn’t clear if Vali Petcu is back in business or it’s just for this occasion 🙂
– Very disputed over the time and countless times fined by Romanian CNA, Romanian private TV station OTV started the insolvency procedures. Previous to that, OTV was sanctioned by Romanian CNA with licence’s time reduction for transmitting political advertising outside the electoral campaign period. On April 11th, CNA applied a new sanction to OTV, with the broadcasting licence now to expire on July 4th instead of September 28th, for transmitting political advertising outside the electoral campaign period .
– Pro TV SA will launch in April a new TV station, Acasa Gold, dedicated to telenovelas’ fans and targeting women aged 15-49 y.o