Romanian Bureau for Circulation (Romanian equivalent of foreign ABCs) decided, during its general assembly, to change its name to fully reflect the entire range of activities and measurements it offers to its members. That is why, with its member vote, BRAT becomes Romanian Bureau for Transmedia Audit.
The decision was made during the general assembly where there were discussed many topics, among which the association’s activity reports. Also, with the same occasion, the association held elections for its board.
Silviu Ispas, association’s president, underlined, with this occasion, the importance given by the association to advertising investments monitoring projects. In this matter, BRAT published, in 2011, the first results of the monitoring for printed press, radio and online. By mid-2012, BRAT also intends to monitor OOH investments also, to be able to offer integrated ad investemnts monitorin for all 4 mediums .
The name change was approved as the members of the association appreciated that athe old name doesn’t match anymore the actual degree of development for association’s activities and services.
In what concerns board elections, Silviu Ispas was reelected President, a position he held previously in 2004-2006 and 2007-2012.
The board also has now in its ranks the following members:
- Florin Beldiman (Mediaedge:CIA)
- Liviu Bujenita (PRO TV)
- Valeria Iliescu (SBS Broadcasting Media)
- Lucian Ionita (Sanoma Hearst Romania)
- Stefan Iordache (Starcom MediaVest Group)
- Marius Gheorghe (Media Investment)
- Bogdan Gheorghe (SoftNews Net)
- Gruita Ienasoiu (Solpress)
- Dan Manea (Media Sud Management)
- Orlando Nicoara (Mediafax Group)
- Alin Popescu (Avocatnet.ro)
- Calin Rotarus (Goldbach Audience)
- Dragos Stanca (Q2M)
- Catalin Tolontan (Convergent Media)
- Maria Toghina (Romanian State Radio)
- Bogdan Vasile (Euromedia Group)
- Mihnea Vasiliu (Ringier Romania)
- Mihai Trandafir (BvMcCann Erickson).
Romanian Transmedia Audit Bureau has nowadays 228 members, online or printed press publishers, OOH companies, advertising agencies and sales houses, advertising clients and press distributors.