Eurobest Advertiser of the Year award will go this year to Volkswagen, the brand that has won the most awards throughout Eurobest’s 25 year history. Since the launch of Eurobest awards in 1988, Volkwagen has been honoured over 150 times, with its ads winning awards across different categories created by agencies in a number of different European countries.
Its record breaking 11 Eurobest Grands Prix wins are
- 1998: TV/Cinema, Lamppost, BMP DDB London
- 1999: Outdoor, Shoe-Westbourne, Shoe-Paddington, Shoe-Weymouth, Shoe-Writtle, Shoe-Guadix, BMP DDB London
- 1999: TV/Cinema, Parking, Shopping, Bridge, Courier, Result DDB Amstelveen
- 1999: Print, Wedding, BMP DDB London
- 2003: Outdoor, Cops, DDB London
- 2007: Media, Schlaemmer’s Quest, DDB Paris
- 2008: Print, Product Recall, DDB Amsterdam
- 2008: TV/Cinema, Dog, DDB London
- 2010: Print, Terminator, Toy Story, Speed, Gremlins, King Kong, Back to the Future, DDB London
- 2010: Outdoor, The Fun Theory, DDB Stockholm
- 2011: Outdoor, The Winter Adjusted Offer, DDB Stockholm
Volkswagen is a brand associated with some of the greatest ad slogans in the world – such as “Think Small”, “Drivers Wanted”, “Built to Protect” – and some of the most powerful pieces of advertising. Creativity and innovation are at the very heart of its products and marketing efforts. A worthy recipient of the honour, not only do we congratulate Volkswagen for its past achievements, but as we look to the future, we anticipate seeing more outstanding and inspirational award-winning work
CEO Eurobest & Lions Festivals.
The award will be presented to Volkswagen during the Eurobest Awards on 30 November in Lisbon. Collecting the accolade will be Giovanni Perosino, who was appointed Volkswagen’s Head of Marketing Communications in September 2010.
It is an honour to receive this award. We are very proud to see that the Volkswagen tone and style is unique, consistent and relevant and can inspire people all around the world with its humanity and twinkle in the eye
Founded in 1937, Volkswagen, which means “people’s car” in German, is one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers and the largest carmaker in Europe, producing the much loved Beetle, Golf and Passat. Volkswagen started advertising in 1959 when it hired the then little known, New York advertising agency, Doyle Dane Bernbach (DDB). The creative team was headed by the legendary Helmut Krone, who pioneered the idea of simplicity in print advertisements. Over the years Volkswagen advertising has continued to be at the forefront of creative leadership.