Romanian McCann Erickson Romania was awarded the Grand Prix in PR at Eurobest, for its Rom campaign, client Kandia dulce. The same campaign also got a Silver in Media and a Bronze in Direct.
McCann Erickson also had the highest number of nominations at this year Eurobest, with its “Romanians are Smart” campaign, made for the client Kandia Dulce and Rom chocolate. Rom campaign – heavily awarded this year – got 7 nominations (2 in direct, 3 in media and 2 in PR).
The team working on “Romanians are smart” campaign included
- McCann Erickson Romania: Adrian Botan, Catalin Dobre, Dinu Panescu, Sebastian Olar, Arpad Rezi, Raluca Voinea, Ileana Serban Parau, Adrian Radu, Alexandru Platon, Carmen Bistrian, Sanziana Fanica
- MRM: Calin Buzea, Adrian Preda, Laurentiu Stere, Alexandru Vicol, Alina Cuzmin, Catalina Ciorei, Constantin Bunica
- Universal Media: Mihai Trandafir, Victor Croitoru, Alina Carasol, Luminita Visu
- McCann PR: Carmen Bistrian, Sorina Iordan
Also in PR, Webstyler got Bronze with “See beyond limits” for Dolce Sport (Romtelecom).
A total of 389 awards were given at this year’s Eurobest, out of which 64 Gold, 116 Silver and 196 Bronze. Also, there were 13 Grand Prix winners:
- Branded Content & Entertainment: Duval Guillaume Modem, Antwerp, Belgium, ‘Push to Add Drama’, TNT Broadcasting
- Craft – Film: BETC Paris, France, ‘The Bear’, Canal+
- Craft – Print & Poster: Marcel, Paris, France, ‘Volunteer’, ‘Lovers’, ‘Dancing’, ‘Miniskirt’, ‘Kiss’, ‘Rapper’, Ray-Ban
- Design: Heimat Berlin, Germany, ‘The CNN Ecosphere’, Turner Broadcasting System Deutschland
- Direct: Jung von Matt, Hamburg, Germany, ‘The Invisible Drive’, Daimler
- Film: BBH London, UK, ‘Three Little Pigs’, The Guardian
- Interactive: Happiness Brussels, Belgium, ‘IQ Street View’, Toyota
- Media: Carat London, UK, ‘ASOS Urban Tour’, ASOS
- CHI & Partners, London, UK, ‘Rolling Stones’, ‘Dragons Den’, ‘Sport’, News International (Billboards & Street Furniture and Poster Category)
- Duval Guillaume Modem, Antwerp, Belgium, ‘Push to Add Drama’, TNT Broadcasting (Ambient Category)
- PR: BV McCann Erickson, Bucharest, Romania, ‘Romanians are Smart’, ROM
- Print: CHI & Partners, London, UK, ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Rolling Stones’, ‘Dragons Den’, ‘Sport’, News International
- Promo&Activation: Duval Guillaume Modem, Antwerp, Belgium, ‘Push to Add Drama’, TNT Broadcasting
- No Grand Prix in the Integrated, Mobile and Radio categories
Other awards were
- Advertising Agency of the Year: Jung von Matt, Hamburg. adam&eve DDB, London, was 2nd runner for this title while BBH London was third
- Independent Agency of the Year: Serviceplan, Munich. Runners up were Jung von Matt, Hamburg in second place and Happiness Brussels in third.
- The Eurobest Golden Palm: Rattling Stick, London, with Soixante Quinze, Paris, taking second and Stink, London, third.
- The Network of the Year: BBDO. Second place went to DDB and third to Publicis.
Volkswagen were honoured as Advertiser of the Year in recognition of the brand consistently being at the forefront of creative leadership; a brand that has won over 150 times at Eurobest including a record breaking eleven Eurobest Grands Prix.
The Young Creatives Competition, which has run throughout the Festival, saw the team from Norway, Torny Hesle and Thale Hoy-Petersen from McCann Oslo, taking the Gold. The team from Hungary took Silver, Denmark Bronze and the jury gave a special mention to the team from Germany.
Over the past three days Eurobest has been celebrating 25 years with an unbeatable line-up of global speakers, a world-class collection of jury members, inspirational exhibitions showing the best of creativity in Europe and dedicated networking events.
We brought Eurobest back to Lisbon this year because of the fantastic support we received from the city in 2011. What we have found this year is an even greater enthusiasm surrounding not only the event but the industry too. We’ve seen some globally acclaimed work picking up awards which is fantastic for the European industry. We’re delighted that we could celebrate 25 years in Lisbon, it’s been a true celebration of the continent’s achievements.
CEO Lions Festivals