Dubai Lynx Awards, competition that reach its 7th edition and honors creative excellence for MENA’s advertising and communications industry, received a record number of 2,092 entries from 19 countries this year, up 2.7% compared to 2012. The entries were submitted in 15 categories, as it follows: Branded Content & Entertainment (66), Design (112), Direct (138), Film (219), Film Craft (172), Integrated (47), Interactive (138), Mobile (18), Media (270), Outdoor (193), Print (278), Print & Poster Craft (153), PR (50), Promo & Activation (155), and Radio (83).
The country with most entries is the UAE (1,256), followed by Lebanon (276), Egypt (256) and Saudi Arabia (80).
40 international jury members will be in Dubai to judge and award this year’s entries. Heading up the juries are:
- Erik Vervroegen – International Creative Director Publicis Worldwide (Film, Print, Outdoor, Radio and Craft jury as well as the Integrated jury)
- Ian Haworth, Global Chief Creative Officer Rapp (Direct, Promo & Activation, Interactive and Mobile jury)
- Iain Jacob, President Dynamic Markets Starcom MediaVest Group (Media jury)
- Sylvia Vitale Rotta, Chief Executive Officer Team Creatif Group (Design jury)
- Tom Beckman, Executive Creative Director Prime Sweden (PR jury)
- Mike Wiese, Director of Branded Entertainment JWT USA (Branded Content & Entertainment jury).
Increasingly we are seeing work from the region win at a Global level, so without doubt it is with great anticipation that we all await this year’s results which will be decided by a group of esteemed international jurors. The strong level of participation is an endorsement of the importance of winning a Lynx award and we look forward to showcasing some great work.
CEO Lions Festivals
The winners will be announced during an Awards Ceremony and Dinner at The Arena Madinat Jumeirah Dubai, on March 13. Another accolades to be awarded with the same occasion are Network of the Year, Agency of the Year, Media Agency of the Year, Lynx Palm Award and Independent Agency of the Year Award. Roy Haddad, Director of WPP MENA, will be presented with the prestigious Dubai Lynx Advertising Person 2013 Award, and Batelco (Bahrain Telecommunications Company) will be honored with the Advertiser of the Year Award, which will be given to Muna Al Hashimi, General Manager of Batelco’s Consumer Unit.
The Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity, set to be the largest gathering of the MENA advertising and communications industry, takes place 10-13 March. Other innovations this year include the launch of the Dubai Lynx Digital Lab powered by TBWA\RAAD DAN, Think Tank powered by JWT, the Dubai Lynx Masar Creative Award for Print, and the Dubai Lynx 7-Day Brief, powered by YouTube.