Hundreds of shops, a multitude of comparison shopping engines and group buying services providing almost unlimited choice – it’s the German market in a nutshell. A challenge thrown down by QUELLE: online shop selling clothing, accessories, household equipment, garden accessories, sports articles and multimedia.
Aim: To reach a specific Internet users group with a chosen advertisement, and as an effect, increase sales figures of QUELLE obtained through the online channel.
The high saturation of the German Web leads to difficulties in keeping users interested in products they have already seen in a particular shop. We decided to use personalized retargeting, as we wanted to fully exploit the potential of a web user who was interested in our products but gave up a purchase – emphasizes Tanja Puchler from QUELLE.
Solution: In the campaign we made use of personalized retargeting – a solution allowing to serve advertisements tailored to individual purchase intentions of web users, their preferences and search history. In practice: if a user has spotted a red dress at QUELLE’s online shop but didn’t buy it and left the website, for a few subsequent days we displayed banners advertising this very red dress, along with other ads with similar features and price tag.
Campaign duration: Two months
Step by step procedure:
- A user visited QEULLE and saw some products but didn’t make a purchase and left the online shop’s website
- Over several subsequent days, we displayed the user personalized banner adverts with QUELLE products he had seen and other products from the same store
- After clicking on the advertising banner, the user was redirected to QUELLE’s website
- As a result, the user bought a product from QUELLE’s range
Optimization: While carrying out the campaign, we decided together with QUELLE to optimize our activities. We resolved to modification of the pricing rate in the CPC model. Thanks to our in-house developed optimization algorithms, we achieved lower effective conversion cost for the client in a very short time.
- 30 m displays of QUELLE’s creations
- 74 000 clicks on advertisements of this shop
- Daily conversion rate at 3-4 percent
- Average conversion rate at 2.5 percent
According to Tanja Puchler from QUELLE, personalized retargeting is one of the most effective solutions available for e-shops – Right from the start, it was very important for us to effectively bounce traffic back to the website. With the highly technologically advanced solution from RTB House in place, the results were even better than we had expected – she adds.
A material by Rafał Wasyluk, Business Development Director Western Europe & Nordics, RTB House