Goodby Silverstein & Partners’ BETA Group remixed Adobe’s logo, coming up with a physical, digital and interactive installation that shows creativity in real-time
The #AdobeRemix campaign invites creative talents across the world to reinterpret Adobe’s logo, putting their own creative mark on the Adobe brand.
When Goodby Silverstein & Partners’ BETA Group was asked to participate in the project, agency’s team wanted to showcase its creativity as creative developers, technologists and makers. So it came up with recreating Adobe’s logo as a physical installation with 100 handmade cubes, each one correlating to an artist using Adobe software in real time. The work is available on the #AdobeRemix Behance page , in an Instagram movie and on adobelights.com.
The cubes, handmade with acrylic windows and a wooden frame, each house 60 LED lights that function through a custom built embedded hardware system. This system provides data and energy to each cube. The data is then collected by agency-developed software installed in each artist’s computer. The software then tracks mouse activity and sends the pixel color of the artist’s current work back through the embedded system to each cube in real time.
The Adobe “Lights” installation will live at Adobe’s San Francisco headquarters, bringing together physical, digital and interactive elements into one living logo.
Ad Agency: The BETA Group @ Goodby Silverstein & Partners
- Partner: Rich Silverstein
- Art Director: Pablo Rochat
- Art Director: Stevie Laux
- Copywriter: Roger Baran
- Senior Creative Developer: Mike Newell
- Creative Developer: Marpi Marcinowski
- Creative Developer: Chris Allick
- Associate Web Developer: Kia Lam
- Associate User Experience Manager: Patrick Wong
- Group Executive Producer: Michael Phillips
- Interactive Producer: Jessica Hauser
- Director of Graphic Services: Jim King
- Photographer: Claude Shade
- Artist Manager: Mary McDevitt
- Intern: Olivia Hellman
- Retoucher: Michael Kennedy
- Director: Marcus Ubungen
- Account Director: Joel Giullian
- Director of Business Affairs: Bess Cocke
Post-Production Company: eLevel
- Creative Director: Mike Landry
- Production Company: Lawrence Davidson, Myriad Harbor