Romanian IAB MIXX Awards designated its winners last night, with Digital Star being the agency with most awarded campaigns, with 4 trophies in Branded Content, Blogging Campaigns and PR Campaigns, Best Social Media App, Best Digital Mixx Campaign, Best Brand/ Product Launch.
IAB MIXX Awards recognize and award best campaigns in Romanian digital sector, encouraging innovation in building and communicating brands online. In 2014, the total number of entries submitted into the competition went up 20% compared to previous year, with the most popular categories being Brand Awareness and Positioning and Best Social Media App
The awards ceremony took place at the end of the 1st day of ICEEfest, event organized by Thinkdigital.
IAB MIXX Awards saw entered in competition 32 campaigns made by 17 agencies, independent or part of communication groups.
When it comes of campaigns entered this year in the competition, I can say that I’ve noticed a very clear polarization phenomena: to the upper limit of the top are a few really remarkable campaigns, very well represented in well made case studies. At the other end, there are many shy or terribly ordinary campaigns, which have their idea strangled in case studies filled with numbers. Numbers meant to be a savior, but which aren’t really convincing. There’s no really a median area. But maybe this is better, the valuable ideas are easier separated
Creative Director & member of the jury
The winners’ list:
- Brand Awareness and Positioning: Recycle to distress – Hmedia for Ecorom Ambalaje
- Direct Response & Lead Generation: Scent of a new car – Carnation for Opel Romania
- Best Brand/ Product Launch: The Creativity Manifesto for Galaxy Note 3 – Starcom & Digital Star for Samsung
- Experimental and Innovative Campaign: Net canon – V8 Interactive for Indygen
- Cross-Media Integration: The Chevy Garage – Carat România for Chevrolet Romania
- Branded Content, Blogging Campaigns and PR Campaigns: The Indygen vlog show – Digital Star for Indygen
- Best Social Media Apps: BILLA Social Catalogue – Digital Star for BILLA România
- Best Digital Mixx Campaign: BILLA Social Catalogue – Digital Star for BILLA România
IAB Mixx Awards jury included, this year, Razvan Capanescu (Chief Creative Officer, Publicis), Alex Visa (Interaction Director, Group M), Teodora Migdalovici (Cannes Lions Ambassador in Romania & founder The Alternative School for Creative Thinking), Marius Pahomi (General Manager, Conversion Marketing), Horatiu Dimulescu (Manager Online Content & Mobile Advertising Vodafone Romania), Mihai Tanase (Online Strategy BMW Group Romania), Olaf Lausen (Chief of Staff and Business Development Director Romania Romtelecom & Cosmote), Alina Damaschin (Creative Leader & Head of Consumer PR, Rogalski Damaschin PR), Diana Ionel (Digital Director, Starcom), Gabriel Patru (Integrated Communication Media Direction) and Calin Rotarus (founder BCCR).