Mekanism and The North Face launched the largest campaign in their company history, challenging people to reimagine exploration. In the same time, The North Face joined forces with the U.S. Department of the Interior to promote and protect America’s Public Lands.
As a key component to support the initiative, Mekanism created a commercial campaign featuring a new recording of Woody Guthrie’s iconic anthem “This Land is Your Land” by two-time Grammy nominee My Morning Jacket. The song is available on iTunes and My Morning Jacket will donate their portion of the proceeds to 21st Century Conservation Service Corps (21CSC).
The commercial features cinematic footage of The North Face global athlete team members and enthusiasts doing what they love – skiing, running, climbing and hiking.
The spot launched on YouTube on October 27 and is scheduled to debut on national TV on November 9 (NBC Sunday Night Football). It will run through the end of December on NBC, ESPN, USA Network, Comedy Central and more. The campaign also will be supported by advertising across digital and social channels such as Hulu, YouTube, ESPN, VICE and Facebook, starting on November 10.
- Produced by Jim James
- Written by Woody Guthrie
- Published by Ludlow Music Inc (BMI)
- Mixed by Kevin Ratterman at la la land, KY
- Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering, Portland, ME
- President/CEO: Jason Harris
- Executive Creative Director: Tommy Means
- Art Director, Designer: Liam Kaczmar
- Director of Integrated Production: Elizabeth Morse
- Executive Producer: Stef Smith
- Managing Director: Michael Zlatoper
- Director Brand Management: Anna Boyarsky
Production Company: Farm League
- Executive Producer: Tim Lynch
- Head of Production: Michael Pizzo
- Line Producer: Arlo Rosner
- Director: Chris Burkard
- Director of Photography: Michael Paul Jones
Editorial Company: Mekanism
- Producer, Post: Stef Smith, Jennifer Szeto
- Editor: Ethan Indorf & Jesse Coane
- Assistant: Edward Schmidt IV & Cali Bondad
Music Supevision: Manage This Media – Janet Billig
Music: My Morning Jacket
Sound Mix: One Union Recording- Andy Greenberg
Color: Spy Post- Chris Martin