Expedia.com released the holiday video Santa Flies Coach, showing how the Expedia+ reward points travelers earn this year can be donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to help kids fight cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
To bring this unique use of Expedia+ travel rewards points to life, ad agency 180LA enlisted the most frequent holiday traveler of them all — Santa.
For a week, Santa traveled 19,602 miles in 49.7 hours: he went from the North Pole (via Anchorage) through Honolulu, Tokyo, Dubai, Paris, Dublin, New York City, and finally Memphis to visit the kids at St. Jude. Once there, Santa handed out gifts in addition to all the points he accumulated on flights and came so far to give.
Santa flies around the world every year for children, so we loved the connection of giving him travel points to donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (…) More people travel during the holidays than any other time of year. We hope this campaign will encourage people to donate their Expedia+ rewards points to St. Jude, considering how quickly they can add up during this busy travel season.
Senior Director Brand Marketing Expedia
It was incredible to see everyone’s reactions across the globe when they saw Santa traveling. Adults turn into kids again (…) It turns out everyone in the world really does love Santa.
Creative Director 180LA.
Expedia+ rewards members earn points on hotels, flights, activities and packages, and most major cruise lines. Members also have the unique opportunity to donate them in support of the lifesaving work of St. Jude Children’s Hospital, which is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer.
180LA for Expedia
Expedia: Vic Walia – Senior Director, Brand Marketing, Jessica Eichner – Brand Marketing Manager, Elizabeth Dorrance – Media Director
- Chief Creative Officer: William Gelner
- Creative Directors: Dave Horton, Matthew Woodhams-Roberts
- Art Director: Chelsea Cumings
- Copywriter: Trey Tyler
- Head of Production: Natasha Wellesley
- Executive Producer: Erin Goodsell
- Producer: Amber Schaefer
- Head of Account Management: Chad Bettor
- Account Director: Brooke Stites
- Account Manager: Mackenzie Walen
- Account Coordinator: Chase Pritchett
Production Company: Ghost Robot
- Directors: Dave Horton, Nick Bentgen
- Director of Photography: Nick Bentgen
- Executive Producers: Mark DePace, Zach Mortensen
Editorial Company: Melvin
- Editor: Dave Groseclose
- Producer: Brian Scharwath
Finishing: Therapy Studios
- Executive Producer: Joe DiSanto, John Ramsay
- Senior Producer: Allegra Bartlett
- Flame Artist: Wren Waters
- Flame Assist: Geoff Stephenson
Recording Studio: Eleven Sound
Mixer: Ben Freer
Music by human