Representing the high watermark of advertising achievement, 12 campaigns have accomplished such a feat in 2014 and show the ability for creativity in all its forms to drive extraordinary results. Traditional TVCs sit alongside PR stunts, technology experiments, and good old-fashioned consumer promotions.
Created by BBDO, BETC, Leo Burnett, Mayo Publicidad, McCann, Ogilvy & Mather, Saatchi & Saatchi and TBWA, the 12 campaigns hail from Argentina, Australia (x2), Brazil (x2), France, New Zealand (x2), Peru (x2), UAE and USA.
The Cases for Creativity 2014 are:
- “A Boy And His Atom” for IBM by Ogilvy & Mather, USA
- “Baby&Me” for Evian by BETC Paris, France
- “Bentley Burial” for Brazilian Association of Organ Transplants by Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Brazil
- “Catch a Million” for DB Breweries by Saatchi & Saatchi, New Zealand
- “Dumb Ways to Die” for Metro Trains Melbourne by McCann Melbourne, Australia
- “Happy ID for Coca-Cola” by McCann Erickson, Peru
- “Mistakes” for New Zealand Transport Agency by Clemenger BBDO Wellington, New Zealand
- “Potable Water Generator” for Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología by Mayo Publicidad, Peru
- “Share A Coke” for Coca-Cola by Ogilvy & Mather Sydney, Australia
- “The 1000 Miles of Luca” for Consejo Publicitario Argentino by TBWA, Argentina
- “The Autocomplete Truth” for UN Women by Memac Ogilvy – DXB, United Arab Emirates
- “The Unlaunch of the Volkswagen Kombi” for Volkswagen by Almap BBDO, Brazil
Effectiveness continues to defy media categorisation, but the one thing this diverse group of ideas have in common is that people saw fit to share them; and only the most engaging creative ideas executed by the most talented people will be shared.
Founder of the Auckland based innovation consultancy Previously Unavailable
Author of the study.
James Hurman is founder and principal of Previously Unavailable, an innovation consultancy based in Auckland, New Zealand. Formerly an ad agency planner, James led planning at Colenso BBDO during which time he was ranked the world’s #1 planning director. James is the also author of The Case for Creativity, a book about the link between creativity and commercial success.
The Gunn Report is the foremost independent global report for creative communications that identifies the most awarded work in the world and its creators. It combines the winners’ lists from 46 of the world’s most important awards – Global, Regional and National – to establish the annual worldwide league tables for the global Advertising industry. A unique and essential resource for advertising and marketing people worldwide, The Gunn Report brings together 15-years-worth of information, data and intelligence through its report tables, commentaries, searchable and viewable ad libraries, guest essays and playlists, creative effectiveness studies and The Gunn Report for Media. Additionally Gunn TV features the best commercials of all-time dating back to 1962.