Lions Health announced the shortlist for the Young Lions Health Award, new competition launched this year calling on young creatives to devise a marketing campaign on integrated health solutions for developing countries.
A jury of nine respected industry leaders, which included UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and 007 Actor, Sir Roger Moore, arrived at a shortlist of 18. Shortlisted entrants come from 14 countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, The Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, UK, and USA.
Louise Benson, Festival Director, Lions Health, said that it was “fantastic to see such a spectrum of countries on the shortlist because it proves that the issue the Young Lions Health Award tackles is a worldwide problem, the enormity of which is understood across the globe.”
Jury member June Laffey, Executive Creative Director, McCann Health Sydney, commented:
As we live longer, innovation and creative thinking in health needs to get smarter. The Young Lions Health entries proved to be looking forward, we are in very safe, creative hands and minds.
Dr. Mickey Chopra, jury member and head of UNICEF’s global health programs:
This competition comes at precisely the right time, since in under three months the United Nations will be setting new global goals for health (…) As we have seen with the Millennium Development Goals, these new goals will need targeted communication in order to have a chance at success, so the engagement and outstanding talent shown by these young people is a very hopeful sign.
Keith Weed, Unilever’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and one of this year’s judges for the competition:
I have been personally inspired by the final shortlist of entries and extend my congratulations to the winner of this year’s Young Lions Health Award. Innovative communications not only play a critical role in building awareness of global health and hygiene challenges, but they are instrumental in driving transformational change for those plagued by inequities of current health systems. By leveraging the combined skills of the public and private sectors, we can help uplift people out of poverty and create a sustainable future for children and their families.
The winners of the Young Lions Health Award will be announced and presented at the official Lions Health Awards Ceremony in Cannes on Friday 19 June. The winning team will have the opportunity to join the global healthcare industry, and will see their entry in the spotlight at Lions Health. Further information on the creative brief and the award can be found online at here.
Lions Health takes place from 19-20 June in Cannes, France. Details can be found at .
Young Lions Health Award Shortlist:
- 630M, Ning Ren and Jie Ruo, ONES IDEA, Shaoxing
- Help a Hero Become a Her, Marcos Vinicius dos Santos Alves and Diego Gil de Oliveira Castelhero, Grupo Rái Advertising, Sao Paulo
- The Essentials, Ryan Price and Cece Chu, Mr. President, London
- Third Aid Kit, Barny Rivera, FCB Manila, Makati City and Maria Melissa Vibar, Draftfcb Digital Inc., Makati City
- The Black Book, Maria Veronica Perera and Facundo Nicolas Ardila, FCB Buenos Aires, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
- Live For 18, Soleil Beatriz Badenhop and Anna Monina Mae Antig, Draftfcb Digital Inc., Makati City
- Uni-health, Elizabeth Sharpe and Cathy Croker, TBWA Paling Walters, London
- Help 2 Help, Nasich Taufik Ulinuha and Ardanaga Sasmita, PT. Thinksmart Ide Brajendra, Jakarta
- Millennial Mark-Up, Amanda Dunuwille Aluvihare, J. Walter Thompson Pvt. Ltd., Colombo
- Kutojali Virus, Jorge Otoniel Gramajo Juárez and Sharon Yanira Alonzo Lozano, DONT STOP ME NOW, Guatemala
- Third World Price Check, Eleanor Dunn and Tim Yates, J. Walter Thompson Australia Pty Ltd, Melbourne
- UNshop, Adeline Siow Siew Fen and Kenneth Foo Yong Hao, J. Walter Thompson Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Unicef – Cannes Young Lions Health Award – Kelvin and Danilda – 2015, Kelvin Starlin Féliz Gómez, Mindshare, Santo Domingo and Danilda Estévez, Lowe Interamérica Dominicana
- Young Health Lions 2015: Project Blueprint, Rachael Susaneck and Gabriella Moloney, Weber Shandwick, Washington, DC
- Postpone the expiry date, Juneston Mathana, Leo Burnett Solutions Inc., Mumbai
- 6 million hearts, Catherine Mohan and Jay Coombes, Sudler London, London
- MAKE18, Jonny Torr and Christian Moore, bmore creative advertising and deisgn Ltd., Hampshire
- Enoughisenough, Andrey Popov and Dmitry Maseykin, Boroda Project LLC, Moscow
Lions Health is a global annual awards for creative excellence in pharma and healthcare & wellness communications, judged by international industry professionals. The awards form part of a two-day Festival of content, learning and debate that will explore the essential and unique issues relating to the world of healthcare communications, present exhibitions and screenings of the work being judged, and offer unrivalled networking opportunities. Lions Health is organized by Lions festivals. www.canneslions.com/lions_health/