LIA announced 30th annual winners and finalists, selected from the 7% that reached the shortlists from a total of 14,106 submissions from 78 countries. Among the finalist, only 1.2% scooped an award.
The top honors went to:
- Network of the Year: BBDO
- Agency of the Year: R/GA, New York
- Production Company of the Year: Smuggler
- Post-Production Company of the Year: The Mill
- Radio & Audio Company of the Year: Eardrum Australia
The 30th LIA judging was held at the SLS Hotel in Las Vegas, over a ten-day period.
Barbara Levy, President of LIA:
It is an honour to win a LIA Statue, as the jury is comprised of the world’s top advertising, production and design creatives. Some of the juries include Mark Tutssel, Amir Kassaei, Matt Eastwood, Brian Collins, Malcolm Poynton, Pedro Prado, Emad Tahtouh, Ben Priest, Stephan Vogel, Eugene Cheong and John Mescall, just to name a few. LIA prides itself on having juries that have no political agenda, no block voting, and no pressure to vote for their network. Our juries are only concerned with awarding the best of the best. Obtaining a Statue is a significant milestone for any company, as it demonstrates recognition of the highest degree.
This year seven Grand LIAs were awarded:
- adamandeveDDB, London was awarded the TV/Cinema/Online Film Grand LIA for John Lewis titled “Monty’s Christmas”
- BBDO Proximity Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur was awarded the Poster Grand LIA for KFC titled “Burger”, “Drumstick”, “French Fries”
- Grabarz & Partner, Hamburg was awarded the Non-Traditional Grand LIA for EXIT Deutschland titled “Nazis against Nazis – Germany´s Most Involuntary Charity Walk”
- Leo Burnett Argentina, Buenos Aires was awarded the Billboard Grand LIA for Samsung titled “Safety Truck”
- Leo Burnett Chicago, Chicago was awarded the Integration Grand LIA for Allstate titled “Social Savvy Burglar”
- R/GA, New York was awarded the Design Grand LIA for Ad Council titled “Love Has No Labels”
- The Mill, London was awarded the Production & Post-Production Grand LIA for SSE titled “Maya”
The full list of winners is available online, on LIA’s website