Mattel’s American Girl, in together with its agency of record Publicis Seattle, has launched a multifaceted holiday campaign that enforces the girl empowerment movement it started back in 1986 – the belief that girls are better together: Together We Make the Holidays.
The campaign includes a charity option, with the launch of “Get a Friend, Give a Friend”, which sees for every purchase of an 18” doll made until November 30, another doll donated by American Girl to a girl in need through the Children’s Hospital Association. The initiative will be supported through a TVC entitled “Saved Up”.
American Girl will also debut a national TVC in US, “The Gift”, also celebrating giving the gift of friendship, but from a deeper, more emotional level.
A third TVC part of holiday campaign includes “Twelfth“, spinoff of the popular holiday song “12 Days of Christmas” but from the POV of a young girl.
Besides the three TVCs, the campaign is also engaging influencers in social media, in partnership with Maker Social, to help them ignite a movement to create a new hashtag trend #usies – a counter trend to selfies.
Agency: Publicis Seattle
- Chief Creative Officer: Andrew Christou
- Group Creative Director: Steve Williams
- Creative Director: Scott Fero
- Art Director: Simson Chantha
- Copywriter: Amit Gurnani
- Sr. Motion Designer: Travis Baker
- UX Designer: Karen Hymes
- Jr. Copywriter: Berri Windsor
- Head of Strategy & Media: Britt Fero
- Sr. Strategist: JP Martin
- Account Directors: Paul Villa and Maria Schoonover
- Project Managers: Katie Klein and Rachel Yanofsky
- Director of Business Affairs: Deb Groth
- Producers: Alison Ormiston and Leah Dickey
- Director of Studio Production: Ricky Fischer
- Sr. Studio Designer: Kathy Oneha
- Digital Production Artist: Maddy Homen
- Studio Artist: Chris Gallegos
- Digital Production Artist: Kiry Luc
- Studio Proofreader: Jenny Keene