Advertising agency walker Zurich has used the struggles of morning travel to create a dramatic film for international hair care experts Syoss, highlighting the perfection of one woman’s hair during the commute, whilst everyone else looks on in envy as they battle for their desired look.
The film, entitled The Thief, runs across online and social and tells the all so familiar story of an everyday commuters fight to look up to standard. As many know, the day often begins mercilessly for commuters. Robbed of their mornings, they have little time to prepare themselves for the working day ahead. It’s exactly this sense of theft that is emphasized in the latest online film by walker Zurich for SYOSS. The film combines a thief metaphor with fast cuts and humor to portray time-pushed commuters as a victims with bad hair.
Directed by Joachim Zunke through production company, Cobblestone, the film features a music score by Lukas McNally and Tim Knapp. With The Thief, German chemical and consumer goods company, Henkel, launches its 2017 Get SYOSSED campaign in Switzerland.
Pius Walker, Creative Director walker Zurich:
With this film we wanted to create something that was different to the usual mould that hair ads stick to. We’re lucky enough to have a client who allows us to do this and push away from the conventional.
- Pius Walker – Creative Director
- Cornelia Nünlist – Account Director
- Roger Beckett – Writer
- Stefanie Huber – Art Director
- Catherine Elf – Strategy & Concepts
Inhalt & Form
- Dominik Stibal -CEO
- Karin Eastermann – Creative Director
- Manuela Marty – Project Manager
- Henkel Beauty Care
- Christian Volk – Marketing Manager
- Pieter Lony & Juri Wiesner – Executive Producers
- Joachim Zuncke – Director of Photography
- Franziska Krentzien – Director
- Philipp Gerhardt – Lighting
- Imke Hille – Styling
- Nadin Wagner – Hair / Make Up / Special Effects
- Alex Kutka – Editor
- Sven Schonmann – Compositing Artist
- Tanja Bruhn – Postproduction Supervisor
- Michael Krüger & Christopher Szillat – Sound Design
- Lukas McNally & Tim Knapp – Music
Zurich-based Walker is renowned for its big ideas and passionate execution. This has led to Cannes Lion and D&AD award winning campaigns for clients as diverse as Amnesty International (Not here, but now), Fleurop-Interflora (The power of flowers), Fisherman’s Friend and Hyposwiss Private Bank (Expect the expected). Founded in 2002 and independently owned, this creative powerhouse took top honors this year when its Fleurop-Interflora Anniversary commercial directed by late British icon Anthony Minghella was awarded Best Swiss Commercial of all times.