Zulu Alpha Kilo has mixed the bizarre with the charitable for their turkey themed agency holiday card. The “card” takes a three-pronged approach. The first is a product the agency has created called Bake & Wake. It’s a caffeinated turkey rub crafted to keep you awake and alert after a sleep-inducing turkey binge. Zulu partnered with a local artisan spice house, First Spice Mixing Company LTD to create the rub and Zulu designed the packaging in-house.
The second prong is a video entitled Turkey Rub, featuring an Australian masseuse who delicately tenderizes a real turkey using a combination of massage and relaxation techniques. The 15-minute video covers the entire session, including application of the butter, inserting of the stuffing, shiatsu massage, and of course, seasoning the bird with the Bake & Wake turkey rub.
The agency also showed its charitable side by donating 150 turkeys to Second Harvest, a food rescue organization that provides 30,000 meals a day in Toronto.
In Christmases past, the agency fed 8,000 homeless people through its Singing Zuligans site, and created the Kringl app in partnership with Make A Wish Canada, bringing Santa into over 500,000 homes around the world.
- Agency: Zulu Alpha Kilo
- Chief Creative Officer: Zak Mroueh
- Creative Director: Ian Simpson, Catherine Allen
- Art Director: Manali Kulkarni
- Writer: Dylan Verwey
- Designer: Jack Curtis
- Agency Producer: Cherie O’Connor (video) Laura Dubcovsky (print)
- Director: Zak Mroueh
- Account Team: Matt Sinuita, Eric Kormos
- Digital Strategy: Sean Bell
- Mac Artist: Ashleigh O’Brien, Greg Heptinstall
- Production House: zulubot
- Production House Producer: Marc Millard
- Director of Photography: Rob Dutchin
- Casting Director: Shasta Lutz
- Masseuse: Chris Wilson
- Video Post Facility / Editing Company: zulubot
- Editor: Max Lawlor
- Audio Post Facility/Music House: zulubot
- Producer: Jolette Samuel
- Engineer: Stephen Stepanic
- Printer: Pad Print Extreme, The Printing House