Subaru Canada is offering a cure for boredom across the compact car market. By taking a page from pharmaceutical campaigns, the new 2020 Impreza shows just how re-energized drivers can expect to be when they get behind the wheel.
Using an integrated, multi-media approach, the new campaign features a series of younger drivers, desperately in need of excitement, before experiencing the fun to drive 2020 Impreza for themselves.
“Being able to break through, while being relevant with a younger audience were crucial components to this launch,” says Ted Lalka, Vice President, Marketing & Product Management. “For this launch, we purposely went against conventional car advertising in order to stand out.”
Beginning January 20, Subaru launches nationally with TV, Digital, OOH, Cinema, Spotify and Dealer Initiatives. Audiences may also look forward to a multi-faceted social campaign that includes everything from pointless polls on Instagram, to finding the ultimate cure for seemingly endless stream of boring content found on Social Media.
“We felt that this was a fresh and unique way to differentiate ourselves from the competition,” says Zak Mroueh, Chief Creative Officer and Founder at Zulu Alpha Kilo. “It brings a lot of attention to the new Impreza in a fun and memorable way.”
Zulu Alpha Kilo led strategy and creative development, Agence Rinaldi handled Quebec market creative and OMD was behind the media planning and buying.
Subaru Canada, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Subaru Corporation of Japan. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of 94 authorized dealers across Canada.
Client: Subaru Canada
Agency: Zulu Alpha Kilo
- Chief Creative Officer: Zak Mroueh
- Creative Director: Susie Lee, Jonathan Smith
- Art Director: Jason Lee
- Writer: Derek Silveira
- Agency Producer: Clare Dietrich
- Account Team: David Tremblay, Tony Ciccia, James Farquharson
- Strategic Planner: Tim Hopkins, Carly Miller
- Clients: Ted Lalka, Cynthia Bouris, Gary Sappleton, Curtis Lang
- Agency partner: Rinaldi (Montreal)
- Rinaldi Team: Maurice Rinaldi, Marie-France Ricard, Catherine Lalonde
Media Agency: OMD
- Media Planner: Michelle Jairam, Martine Farrow, Cobi Grein
Production House: Caviar/ Asymetric
- Director: Dave McCary
- Production House Executive Producer: Evan Landry
- Production House Line Producer: Jeff Pangman
- Director of Photography: Chris Mably
Editing Company: Zulubot
- Editor: Brian Noon
- Compositor: Paul Binney/ Darling VFX
Special Effects: Darling VFX
- Colourist: Roslyn Di Sisto/ Darling VFX
- Post Producer: Stephanie Hickman/ Morgan Campbell
Music House: Eggplant Music & Sound
- Audio Director: Adam Damelin
- Producer: Nicola Treadgold
- Engineer: Nathan Handy