Tourism Ireland has launched a film titled ‘I will return’, to inspire and remind people of Ireland’s timeless nature, culture and history, all of which will be there waiting for us once the COVID-19 crisis has eased and people are able to travel again.
Taking inspiration from the emerald isle’s literary greats, Publicis•Poke created a poem to bring to life the beautiful landscapes of the country in an emotive 50-second film. In capturing the resilient spirit of the place and its people, the film aims to not only provide people with some much-needed escapism, but fill their hearts with the knowledge that soon, this too will pass.
Dave Monk, executive creative director, Publicis•Poke says:
“We may not be able to travel or visit the glorious landscape of the island of Ireland right now, but with a few beautifully written words and some delicious imagery, you can conjure up a feeling that nothing in the world can lockdown.”
The film has launched globally in seven different languages across social media.
CLIENT: Tourism Ireland
ADVERTISING AGENCY: Publicis•Poke
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Dave Monk
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Steve Paskin
- COPYWRITER: James White
- ART DIRECTOR: Henry Finnegan
- DESIGNER: n/a
- PLANNER: Will Eliot
- ACCOUNT HANDLER: Sophie Rivet
- PRODUCER: Donna Baker
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Prodigious
- DIRECTOR: n/a for this piece, mix of footage from previous campaigns
- (‘Fill your heart with Ireland’ director Patrik Gyllstrom and Tourism Ireland’s own drone footage)
- EDITOR: Phil Key (Prodigious)
- PRODUCER: Georgina Winter (Prodigious)
- AUDIO POST-PRODUCTION COMPANY: Michael Powell (Prodigious)
- CITY / COUNTRY: Globally (delivered in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin and Arabic)
- EXPOSURE: Digital