The first diverse group of top creative leaders have been named as jury chairs for the historic ADC 100th Annual Awards, one of the world’s longest running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
This year’s initial group of 10 jury chairs consists of::
- Advertising — Doerte Spengler-Ahrens, CCO, Jung von Matt SAGA, partner, Jung von Matt, Hamburg, president, Art Directors Club Germany
- Brand/Communication Design — Yasu Sasaki, head of digital creative, ECD, Dentsu Inc., Tokyo
- Experiential Design — David Sheldon-Hicks, founder, Territory Studio, London
- Illustration — Aurélia Durand, illustrator, Copenhagen
- In-House Design — Alex Bodman, VP, global ECD, Spotify, New York
- Interactive — Merlee Jayme, global president, dentsuMcgarrybowen, Makati City
- Packaging & Product Design — Isabelle Dahlborg Lidström, head of design, CD, partner, Grow, Stockholm
- Publication Design — Donna Payne, CD, Faber and Faber, London
- Spatial Design — Abha Narain Lambah, principal architect, Abha Narain Lambah Associates, Mumbai
- Typography: Bobby C. Martin, Jr., founding partner, Champions Design, New York
Jury chairs and full juries for remaining disciplines will be announced shortly.
“ADC Annual Awards have represented the pinnacle of global excellence in craft and innovation for the past 100 years,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club. “This year’s highly accomplished jury chairs are recognized creative leaders who will uphold that storied tradition, leading juries and guiding them to view the work through that lens during the judging process.”
Entries can be submitted now, with fees increasing after each deadline period. Regular deadline is March 12, 2021, with extended deadline is March 19, 2021, and final deadline March 26, 2021. All judging will take place online. No physical entries will be accepted this year, eliminating shipping costs for entrants.
A special tiered pricing structure makes it easier for smaller agencies, studios and freelancers to participate in the ADC 100th Annual Awards. Larger agencies and brands pay the standard entry fee; smaller shops get a discount on entries (amount varies by discipline) and freelance creatives and one-person shops are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
The One Club will for the second year partner with creative community Working Not Working on content collaborations and the ADC Freelancer of the Year award. All ADC 100th Annual Awards Gold Cube-winning entries submitted through the freelance level of the tiered-pricing system will be judged again by a separate jury that includes the Working Not Working community.
New for this year are the ADC In-House Design discipline and reduced pricing for personal/unpublished work in Fashion Design, Motion/Film/Gaming Craft, Photography, Illustration and Typography.
The ADC Annual Awards is the world’s longest continuously-running awards program recognizing global excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of advertising and design. This year presents creatives from around the world with the opportunity to be part of history by winning a coveted ADC Cube in the show’s 100th awards season