Cannes Lions increased the number of judges for both of the newly launched categories due to the higher than anticipated number of entries received. Four more members have been added to the inaugural Branded Content & Entertainment Lions jury, and two to the new Mobile Lions jury.
Before introducing any innovation at Cannes Lions, we consult thoroughly with the industry. Whilst we anticipated great support for both of the new categories, the interest shown in them has exceeded our expectations, prompting us to appoint additional judges to enable the time and dedication required for each entry when being considered for a Lion.
Cannes Lions CEO
The new jurors at Branded Content & Entertainment Lions category – that bring the jurors number at 16 – are:
- Guilhem Arnal, Partner, Chief Creative Officer, Blue, France
- Sara Cremer, Managing Director, Redwood, United Kingdom
- Ben Flint, Head of Asia Pacific, Fuse, Singapore
- Mark Waugh, Global Managing Director, Newcast, ZenithOptimedia, Global
The Mobile Lions jury adds 2 more jurors – bringing the jury to 12 members:
- Geoffrey Handley, Co-Founder, Chief Marketing Officer, The Hyperfactory, USA
- Ana Paula Teixeira, CEO & Founding Partner, AndinaTech, Chile
The judges will meet in Cannes next month where they will join their respective jury presidents to view, debate and award the work. Avi Savar, Founder and Chief Creative Officer of Big Fuel, USA, will lead the first ever Branded Content & Entertainment Lions jury and Tom Eslinger, Digital Creative Director of Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide will chair the inaugural Mobile Lions jury.
The Festival takes place from 17-23 June 2012 and the registration is available on Cannes Lions website.