Red Tettemer O’Connell + Partners’ first work for new client The Honest Kitchen will have dogs and cats everywhere coming clean with their most honest confessions. The agency worked with the all- natural, human grade pet food company to create a campaign that engages pet owners (with the main target being women aged 40-65 y.o.) at retail and online, with a search for “the year’s most honest pets.”
Led by an in-store and online sampling program, this campaign gives pet owners a chance to have their pet featured in The Honest Kitchen’s 2016 Pet Calendar and win a grand prize getaway weekend for one lucky pet owner and their pet.
Over 600 US retail stores will participate in this program where pet owners are invited to snap and submit a photo and honest pet confession using The Honest Kitchen’s Pop-Up display background. They might go something like this: “I adopted us a mouse. It’s in your purse.” Or, “I ate the butter. All the butter.” Pet owners can also redeem a sample bundle or coupon upon entering in store.
Participants can also enter on social media using the hashtag #HonestPetsContest on Instagram or Twitter or by uploading directly to Honest Pet Calendar. Once an entry is uploaded, the pet confessions will aggregate to HonestPetCalendar.com, where consumers can vote for their favorite confession, earn a sample or coupon and learn more about The Honest Kitchen.
Red Tettemer O’Connell + Partners team working on the campaign:
- Chief Creative Officer:Steve Red
- Executive Creative Director: Steve O’Connell
- Group Creative Director: Ryan Scott, Todd Taylor
- Art Director: Michelle Maben
- Copywriter: Chase Doutre
- Tech Lead: Aaron Grando
- Lead Developer: Joe Russell
- Developers: Travis Hyatt, Ed Taylor
- Interactive CD: Derek Little
- Interactive Designers: Jasmine Patel, Kory Walton
- Social Strategy: Bryne Hetznecker, Annie Heckenberger
- Digital Strategy: Uri Weingarten, Catie Borzillo, Josh Sirulnik
- Account Team: Perry Morris, Carissa Heller