“Ruthless”, a film created by DDB Paris and directed by John McTiernan – father of “Die Hard”, “Predator” and “The Hunt for the Red October”, is the story of a comeback, that of “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon”, this time for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands.
Created by DDB Paris, the movie’s story is set in Bolivia, having to do with the grip of the merciless Santa Blanca cartel. “Ruthless” is as human as it is brutal, a glimpse of the world one enters as one of the game’s Ghosts, members of an army special forces unit, of the people to help and of the deadly inamies to face.
We had the ambition to make more than an action commercial, but 2 minutes of a feature film with faces that stay with you and a story that leaves you asking for more. Each image had to stand out and be iconic… we didn’t need a master action movie director. We needed a master storyteller
ECD DDB Paris
“Ruthless” is the second film in the Ghost Recon Wildlands campaign. “Red Dot”, a teaser released earlier this year, was also created by DDB Paris and directed by John McTiernan.
- Executive Creative Director: Alexander Kalchev
- Creative Team: Alexis Benbehe / Pierre Mathonat
- Director: John McTiernan
- Image Production: La Pac / Jerome Denis
- TV Production Manager: Sophie Megrous
- Image Post-Production: Mikros Images / Fabrice Damolini
- Sound Production: Schmooze
- TV Post-producter: Jérôme Deplatiere
- Brand Management: Geoffroy Sardin, Guillaume Carmona, Clément Prevosto, Pierre Miazga
- Agency Management: Marie-Elise Archambaud, Olivier Guillerot
- Strategic Planners: Sebastien Genty, Dominique Castellano