Debenhams unveils its highly-anticipated 2017 Christmas campaign, #YouShall. Scored by Eclectic, the festive advert sees the British retail giant weave a modern-day fairy tale.
Creatively devised by JWT, this year’s Christmas campaign arguably features the brand’s strongest storytelling yet. The film depicts a modern-day fairy tale, tipping its hat to some of film’s great romances. It begins with two people on a train who, despite being strangers, share an instant connection. Before they can introduce themselves, the woman rushes off – leaving behind a glittering stiletto. In a modern touch, the love-struck strangers take to Twitter on an epic search, creating a social media storm. With a dash of Christmas magic and a helping hand from Ewan Gregor, who narrates their story, the couple are reunited.
Eclectic created a bespoke soundtrack for the festive 90-second festive film. Composer, Chris White, crafted a suitably seasonal sound to underpin the epic Christmas love story.
Cliff Wilson, Partner and Executive Producer Eclectic, comments:
I’ve always been a massive fan of a good Christmas ad – the more sparkle the better as far as I’m concerned. But here, JWT, with a little help from our Composer Chris White, have created something really special. We’re very proud of it.
Simon Elms, Founder Eclectic, comments:
While the style and sound of the music is something we’re all very familiar with – that is, big dramatic cinematic soundscapes – Chris has managed to be incredibly delicate and tasteful with this. A great tune with a load of Christmas Potter-esque magic thrown in. Brilliant.
#YouShall launched in its entirety as a 90-second clip at midnight on Thursday 9th November 2017 as part of a YouTube takeover.
Eclectic is a multi-award-winning music collective, bringing together the most talented composers, producers & music supervisors in the world. Eclectic specializes in original and licensed music for commercials, film and TV, fostering creative relationships between artists and brands.
- Marketing Director: Richard Cristofoli
- Director of Marketing Operations: Jane Exon
- Director of Creative: Mark Stevens
- Head of Marketing Communications: Sean McGinty
- Senior Marketing Manager: Christopher Byrne
Creative agency: J. Walter Thompson, London
- Executive Creative Director: Lucas Peon
- Creative Director: Andy Smith
- Business Director: Sally Emerton
- Account Manager: Kate Hicks
- Agency Producer: Charlotte Jude
- Assistant Producer: Edmund Thorn
- Director: Hanna Maria Heidrich
- Director of Photography: Christophe Collette
Production Company: Believe Media UK
- Producer: Ben Croker
- Executive Producer UK: James Covill
- Production Manager: Kate Wynborne
- Production Designer: Marketa Korinkova
Editing: The Quarry
- Editor: Mark Whelan @ The Quarry
Post Production Sound: 750mph
- Sound: Sam Ashwell @ 750mph
Post Production: The Mill
- Post Producer: Ian Berry
- Colourist: James Bamford
- VFX Supervisor: James Maclachlan
- Music Producer: Cliff Wilson
- Composer: Chris White
- Talent Negotiator: Melsie Brown