McDonald’s and Leo Burnett London have launched the ‘Give in to Bacon’ campaign in order to celebrate the release of the new Bacon Roll, a premium product and the latest addition to the Breakfast menu this Summer. The 30” TV spot aired on Monday 24thJune, just two days before the launch of the product in restaurant.
The campaign helps to draw consumers’ attention to the fact that the new Bacon Roll has been worth the wait, and is primarily focused around the notion of giving in to the uncontrollable ‘urge’ for bacon across multiple touch-points.
The film ‘Dash Hounds’ shows a car journey, with three nodding dog figurines sitting upon a dashboard. These dogs and the Billy Ocean music represent the urge of the driver, as they are mesmerized by different McDonald’s Bacon Roll advertisements that they pass by.
Alongside the TV, the campaign will be supported with VOD, social, press, out-of-home, radio and digital display. Across the campaign, light hearted morning cues are used to prompt the urge for a Bacon Roll.
Michelle Graham-Clare, Marketing Director at McDonald’s said “To support the launch of a brand-new premium bacon roll, the Dash Hounds campaign is a fun and warm take on the urge for a Bacon Roll in the morning”.
Dan McCormack and Luke Boggins, Creative Directors at Leo Burnett London added, “Our ambition is to bring to life that the new Bacon Roll is irresistible… to everyone before heading to McDonald’s for a Bacon Roll themselves.”
The new Bacon Roll is a permanent addition to the McDonald’s breakfast menu, boasting three rashers of crispy, RSPCA assured British bacon on a soft white roll with the choice of ketchup or brown sauce.
Agency: Leo Burnett London
- Chaka Sobhani – Chief Creative Officer
- Dan McCormack – Creative Director
- Luke Boggins – Creative Director
- Gareth Butters– Senior Creative
- Javre Dow – TV Producer
- Bethany Watts – Board Account Director
- Jay Perry – Account Director
- Kate Aspinall – Account Manager
- Gabriella Kaas – Account Executive
- Emily Green – Senior Project Manager
Client name: McDonald’s
- Michelle Graham-Clare – Marketing Director (Food and Beverages)
- Tom O’Neill – Marketing Manager
- Liz Whitbread – Brand Manager
- Georgia Hanscott – Campaign Assistant
Media agency: OMD
- Media planner: Jamie Graham / Katie Elliott
Production company: Agile Films
- Director: Simon Willows
Audio Post Production: Wave
Post Production: Framestore