BETC Digital created #RCZRace for Peugeot, the first ever Twitter race, expanding the conventional social media tool into a veritable video game and daring the Internet users to go head to head with the brand’s new coupe, the RCZ R.
With a 270 horsepower engine, the new coupe is capable of going from 0 to 140 km/h in only 11 seconds. Tweeters had the same
amount of time to type out one of 15 different 140-character tweets before the car reached its max speed.
The one-of-a-kind game was launched in France as part of a contest Peugeot organized to coincide with the coupe’s release. Over 152,000 users tried their hands at the game over a 3-week period, experiencing the heart-throbbing sensation of racing against the fastest car the brand has ever created.
Among over 12,000 (successful) tweets posted, 500 of the best typists were entered into a lottery to win several spots for a weekend at the famous Nurburgring circuit.
A unique and highly addictive video game, the appealing #RCZRace achieved noteworthy results thanks to its innovation and easy accessibility through one of the world’s most common social media applications.
- Peugeot France:
- Brand & Management: Thierry Lonziano, Sophie Ropars, Caroline Doye Furstoss, Olivier Petit
- BETC Digital
- Account Management: Ivan Beczkowski, Xavier Blairon, Florian Cuminal, Gabrielle De La Forest
- Creative Director: Vincent Behaegel
- Digital Creative Directors: Ivan Beczkowski, Frédéric Sounillac
- Copywriter: Romain Pergeaux
- Art Directors: Sylvain Paradis, Damien Paris
- Tech Director: Thibault Dargeou
- Tech Consultants: Alain Nguyen, Eva Canales
- Technology: HTML
- Developer: Sylvain Tran
- Development: 60 FPS
- Sound & Design: LGM
- 3D: Yan Blary
- Motion & Design: Marc Rodriguez