comScore published its 2018 international digital overview, “Global Digital Future in Focus”, which provides a snapshot of desktop, smartphone and tablet usage around the globe, examining how audiences and content consumption changed over the course of 2017. The report uses multi-platform data from USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, India, Indonesia and Malaysia to demonstrate global commonalities and local nuances. The report is available online here.
Global digital landscapes continue to evolve in often surprising ways (…) This report demonstrates how consumers are making platform decisions based on content types, as well as unique factors in their markets. It’s clear that blanket assumptions do not apply at either a global or local level, and this report provides a top line view of how brands and marketers can benefit from a more granular understanding of digital consumption.
Executive Vice President of International Sales comScore
The Global Digital Future in Focus covers topics including:
- Mobile (and apps’) share of overall digital time and audiences in international markets, including how ‘mobile only’ usage has evolved
- The platform choices and demographic balances of individual content categories, including an update on where ‘mobile first’ behaviours are most pronounced
- Where consolidation of digital is occurring, and why that is not necessarily cause for alarm for the mid- and long-tail
- The international app landscape, and where growth is occurring
- A spotlight on multi-platform video consumption
comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, comScore’s data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in more than 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement.