Few highlines from Initiative Romania’s Media Fact, 2008 edition:
– Ad investments in Romania will reach to Euro 590M in 2008, 22% higher compared to 2007, up from Euro 486M (+32% compared to 2006)
– The increase of ad budgets this year will be of 23-24% compared to 2007
– Ad budgets in 2008 will be split between TV – Euro 385M, print – Euro 90M, outdoor (outdoor & digital indoor) – Euro 70M, radio – Euro 38M and online – Euro 15M
– TVs went with 148% over the legal limit for ads broadcasted during programs, reaching to ad breaks of even 31 minutes, which attracted also a decrease in audience of 9% among commercial public aged 18-49 y.o.
– The number of TV stations that sell advertising increased from 38 in 2007 to 42
– The increase of TV advertising was of 35% last year, with the estimated growth for 2008 being of 25%
– Internetul won ground as channel to send ad messages in 2007, with the biggest online investments made by sectors such as Financial/Banking, Telecom, Auto and IT&C.
– Online will continue to grow by around 50% per year in the next 3-5 years
– Among Romanian websites, the most visited are the ones belonging to newspapers, with top rankings for Gazeta Sporturilor, ProSport and Libertatea.
– Radios attracted budgets up by 31% in 2007 compared to 2006, reaching to Euro 31M
-Outdoor attracted budgets up 28% in 2007 compared to 2006.
– Cinema ad budgets represented 0.2% of the total net ad spending, under Euro 1M
– Indoor prepares for a spike of around 40% in 2008, due to diversification and to appearance of new malls and hypermarkets